Weight Training: Anything and Everything

Remove this Banner Ad

This forum seems to have gone a bit queit, what are peoples opinions on barbells vs dumbells, ive made the swap to dumbells and i rate them, love the better range of motion on the incline, it actually feels like im workin the top half of my pecs as opposed to my shoulders. Only downside is taking them from and putting them back onto the rack/ease of use plus possible wear and tear on your shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hurl my legs in the air - not a delibrate act just something that happens. Must look humerous to people around me actually.

How do you guys get out of a bench press using dumbells? That's the one thing I've always been a bit of a spaz with. Do you just drop the weights at your side or sit up holding the weights?
Yeah I just hold them up over my chest, and sit up as I bring the dumbbells to my sides and stand up.

When I used to find the dumbbells to heavy to do that, I'd lower them to my sides and drop them, as sometimes it's just the safest thing to do.

I drop them on the ground and yell so everyone knows I did a half rep of 30 kgs, then I high 5 people within a 4 metre radius. Talk for 10 minutes to my mate with a ratstail and repeat. Then it's curls for 30 mins, gotta make the most of the noxplode.

Those jokes finished about 15 pages ago :D:thumbsu:

I liked the rats tail part.

There's 3 or 4 guys at my gym who have one at the moment.

I always want to say to them "not sure if serious".

Always hard to know if they're being ironic for a joke, or genuine flogs. Like blokes with popped collars on their polo shirts.

Popping a collar takes 5 seconds. Physically growing and living with a rat-tail couldn't be a joke.

Sigh :(

So I'm increasing my work load on Uni holidays and as a result a fair bit more strain on the back with plenty of bending over (no homo), I've been doing deadlifts with Back and Stiff Legged with Legs of late but I'm getting a pretty tight back/hamstrings as a result. Just wondering if the roller would be able to help my situation as stretching alone isn't having a great affect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back