Weight Training: Anything and Everything

Remove this Banner Ad

So if his routine with lots of volume doesn't build bulk, and deadlifts and squats don't build bulk due to little time under tension.. What do you recommend Kirky to pack on kilos of shredded mass! (/infomercial)

Nutri sups!

On the note of talking about legs

Whats the ideal ratio between hamstring curls and i think its leg press to prevent injury? My hamstring curls are really down due to poor hammies and not doing alot of that work but for some reason i have a decent leg extension compared to above.

So squats/deadlifts for strength and then volume for assistance exercises? Things like single leg work and leg press?

lower body template

explosive activation exercise (jump, med ball throw, dynamic effort)
max effort exercise (deads or squats)
single leg exercise
secondary posteriour chain exercise (anything but leg curls)
core exercise

On the note of talking about legs

Whats the ideal ratio between hamstring curls and i think its leg press to prevent injury? My hamstring curls are really down due to poor hammies and not doing alot of that work but for some reason i have a decent leg extension compared to above.

there isn't one, blokes can leg press 1500pds can't they? no one will ever leg curl that...the has do more then leg curls too (deadlift, single leg, glute ham raises, hip thrusts etc)

No there is some ratio between hamstring curls and leg extension (i think thats the other leg one it may be squats). Its not 1:1.

0.6 comes to mind, i did some research on prevention of hamstring injuries not long ago but cant quite remember it exactly. Its purely on the eccentric testing of the hamstring 1RM curl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back