Weird uncommon games you loved

Remove this Banner Ad

Played so many weird games on PC and Mega Drive in the 90s.
Can't remember the name's of most them though, a few I can remember...(not sure how uncommon they are?)

I played a ton of Centurion: Defender of Rome on my Mega Drive.
A lot of fun with the military aspect as well as the political side of things as well.

Alien Storm
You got to play as various different heroes killing aliens - just another awesome beat-em-up in the era of the genre

Urban Strike
Helicopter Shoot-em-up

Super Off Road
Race around a track on 1 screen. Each time you win you advance a track and can upgrade.
Rinse and repeat - awesome fun.

Mercs
Awesome shoot-em-up with upgrades and all the rest of it. Great with friends

Wish I could remember the names of the other games...

Loved this as a kid
maxresdefault.jpg

The Police Quest series by Sierra.The less popular series back in the late 80's, compared to King's Quest, Space Quest and of course the teenage boy's favourite of Leisure Suit Larry. All were good series (Sierra were killing it from the mid-80's to mid-90's until they changed owners), but this one never got the attention it deserved.

hqdefault.jpg

In a similar vein to Police Quest, there was an awesome game called 'Codename: ICEMAN'.

You started off on a tropical island, rescue a drowning volleyball player, hook up with a girl, then get called back to duty haha

A lot of fun, but trying to steer the submarine was always so hard, not sure I ever actually finished it...

The Police Quest series by Sierra.The less popular series back in the late 80's, compared to King's Quest, Space Quest and of course the teenage boy's favourite of Leisure Suit Larry. All were good series (Sierra were killing it from the mid-80's to mid-90's until they changed owners), but this one never got the attention it deserved.

hqdefault.jpg

The amount of times I hit Game Over for not inspecting the patrol car before taking it out.

In a similar vein to Police Quest, there was an awesome game called 'Codename: ICEMAN'.

You started off on a tropical island, rescue a drowning volleyball player, hook up with a girl, then get called back to duty haha

A lot of fun, but trying to steer the submarine was always so hard, not sure I ever actually finished it...
s**t, that brings back memories. Yeah, I never finished as the sub was so hard.

hqdefault.jpg
I played nearly every quest series game from memory. Hero's quest was another that I liked, bit more of an RPG too.

Terminator Salvation

The game was a glitchy bug filled mess and generally not much fun to play. However if the entire game contained the same thrills from the final two levels of the game. It would have been a 10/10 experience!!

hqdefault.jpg

Loved the series, have collected it many times over the years. A PQ Collection box set in 1997 and purchased it on both GOG and Steam when the series was made available digitally (on GOG first, then on Steam some time later!).

Did LOL at the cameo by Leisure Suit Larry in PQ 2.

Also doing that pentagram in PQ 3 on the map took forever
Police-Quest-3-Pentagram.jpg

My mind was blown playing the VGA remakes of PQ1 and LSL :D where you used the mouse (like the later games in the series') instead of typing the commands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hqdefault.jpg
Was it really less popular? I only vaguely remember playing a few of the Kings Quest games, ditto with Space Quest. Played PQ 1 and 3 a hell of a lot more than the other two series.

Personally I'd have PQ on par with LSL!

I've never met anyone else who played Whacked! On the original Xbox. Pretty much just a party game pretending to be a game show with a bunch of weird looking cartoon animals, exploding ducks, freeze rays, killer chickens and casual violence.

Best thing was after a win in the 'story' mode you were treated to a wonderful commercial

I've never met anyone else who played Whacked! On the original Xbox. Pretty much just a party game pretending to be a game show with a bunch of weird looking cartoon animals, exploding ducks, freeze rays, killer chickens and casual violence.

Best thing was after a win in the 'story' mode you were treated to a wonderful commercial

Oh man, this game was so funny!

I remember playing it with mates and we would lose our minds with how wacky it was.
Generally played over drinks and when everyone was in a silly mood.

This one and Fusion Frenzy were the height of party games for my friends.

Hmmmm.
Red Faction 2.
Pitfall on Sega Mega Drive.
Loads of old C64 games.
Partner and I smashed Bomberman II on NDS, literally played thousands of games against each other. Sadly the Switch version sucks arse.

nightmare on elm street (pc). atmospheric, and one of those notoriously difficult games.
I played through this last year via DOSBOX on my Macbook pro. I'm currently up to fighting freddy (last level, last time you fight him). There's some absolutely mental puzzles in there.

Super Off Road
Nextdoor neighbour and I probably put about 10,000 hours of our lives into this one.

Most people seem to hate DK64 these days but that was one of my favourite experiences on the N64. Got it Xmas 99 when I'd just finished high school and played it all summer long. I loved most all RARE games and just ate it all up. I was a huge collectathon whore back in those days. Had to 100% everything

Not really weird or all that uncommon, but finally got no one lives forever working on my new machine (I had an old hard drive with XP on it used solely for old games, but fot sick of having to boot in to it)

I’ve finished it about 5-6 times at least but loving playing it again in @ 2560x1440. Due to some licensing issues, it’s been made available for free http://nolfrevival.tk/

Issues I had probably came back to my original GOTY installation disc not being up to scratch with new windows OS. So the copy on their site may have done the trick haha

Having recently watched the Austin powers trilogy has really made me appreciate the humour even more

#youlooklikeyouneedamonkey

Most people seem to hate DK64 these days but that was one of my favourite experiences on the N64. Got it Xmas 99 when I'd just finished high school and played it all summer long. I loved most all RARE games and just ate it all up. I was a huge collectathon whore back in those days. Had to 100% everything
I loved DK64. Would even have it above Mario 64!

Ooohhhh, here's a cracker!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_Xentar

A single player, top down RPG like those old Zelda games with the added bonus of full on VGA sex scenes that show popular fairytale characters having mental japanese-type sex. Terrific gameplay and puzzles but with the added bonus of dirty cut scenes showing snow white getting banged by seven dwarfs. Highly recommended. Most links NSFW sorry. Emulator fans can find this on that abandonware site.

Also loved Master of Magic, which is also freely available- this is like all of Sid Myers other games except it has spells instead of technology.

Body Harvest on the 64 was an awesome underated game I played a lot back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back