Movie Weirdest Movies You Have Seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scragadder

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2016
Sydney/Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can i throw a hilarious weird candidate out there? The Room. To paraphrase BT, it CAN'T be deliberately this bad!

Eraserhead, Inland Empire, and a lot of David Lynch shorts have plenty of moments that make you go wtf.

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF DLC LFC KSC PRLC
You know that Alejandro Jodorowsky is back making movies right? He's released The Dance of Reality & Endless Poetry in the past few years and time certainly hasn't changed his ways. I haven't seen Endless Poetry yet but it has got great reviews. The Dance of Reality was very good if not quite at the level of his older work.
Yes I had heard, but I haven't seen either film yet.

I've seen Alucarda as well, pretty cool movie. Never thought I'd see it mentioned on BigFooty. If you haven't seen it check out Satan's Blood (1974), similar themes and a great little movie.
I have heard of Satan's Blood (I think it was released in 1978), but I haven't seen it, it was one that my late wife and I wanted to see, but never got the chance.

Scragadder

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2016
Sydney/Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My friend in Perth took me to a screening of this when I was on holiday over there.

Was the most bizzare/weird/hilarious experience ever.
There's a cinema in Sydney that does monthly showing of The Room. People are given plastic spoons to throw at the screen. 10000 of them. It's on tonight actually shame I'm a sucker and watching the doggies.

Edited 6 minutes into Q4: should have gone.

Last edited:

CasuallyDressed

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers, Rockies, Colts, Ducks
Can i throw a hilarious weird candidate out there? The Room. To paraphrase BT, it CAN'T be deliberately this bad!

Eraserhead, Inland Empire, and a lot of David Lynch shorts have plenty of moments that make you go wtf.
You know you've seen The Room too many times when you say "hai doggy" to every dog you see.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
There's a cinema in Sydney that does monthly showing of The Room. People are given plastic spoons to throw at the screen. 10000 of them. It's on tonight actually shame I'm a sucker and watching the doggies.

Edited 6 minutes into Q4: should have gone.
Yes! The spoons lmfao- I saw it like over 7 years ago now. I remember the spoons and all those shots of the bloody Golden Gate Bridge.

Can you explain the context of the spoons again, when/why were they thrown in the air?

And yup you should have :p

Scragadder

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2016
Sydney/Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes! The spoons lmfao- I saw it like over 7 years ago now. I remember the spoons and all those shots of the bloody Golden Gate Bridge.

Can you explain the context of the spoons again, when/why were they thrown in the air?

And yup you should have :p
Johnny's apartment has random pictures of spoons as decoration. Not a major plot point think people just wanted to throw something harmless. When are they thrown? Anytime you want, no holds barred

Golden Gate Bridge "go go go go go go go go..."

Demonic Ascent

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Eltham Turtles, NY Jets, Celtics
I'd give the nod to a 70's sci fi/horror movie series called Phantasm A very weird experience.
I just watched this and can't figure out if it's awesome or terrible. The production quality, acting, editing etc is laughable. But that doesn't necessarily make a movie bad for me if the premise is ok especially with horror and SciFi. The ending was a bit disappointing.

Some others for this thread are Human Nature with Rhys Ifans and Patricia Arquette, Being John Malkovich and I Heart Huckabee's. All great and weird films.

Not as weird as Holy Mountain or Eraserhead but still out there.

Demonic Ascent

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Eltham Turtles, NY Jets, Celtics
Another one for the list - I'm stuck in bed sick and watched The Puppet Master this morning (1989 not the 1994 one). Was actually quite cool and entertaining. There's a bunch of sequels including one from a couple of years back where the puppets are little Nazis or something. Will watch the 2nd and see if the rest are worth it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom