emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
There are many threads about good & bad movies, but what are the weirdest movies you have ever seen?

One that I saw last year was a 2003 Australian film called Subterrano, which was a sci-fi action movie set in the near future. It was so strange it was actually hard to form an opinion on it.

Another Australian movie that was also very strange was Welcome to Woop Woop, and I think that was made in the late 1990s some time.

tarky

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
st kilda
AFL Club
Geelong
tetsuo (iron man)....this makes bad boy bubby seem like a disney film.

here's the plot outline on imdb.

A strange man known only as the "metal fetishist", who seems to have an insane compulsion to stick scrap metal into his body, is hit and possibly killed by a Japanese "salaryman", while out for a drive with his girlfriend. The salaryman then notices that he is being slowly overtaken by some kind of disease that is turning his body into scrap metal, and that his nemesis is not in fact dead but is somehow masterminding and guiding his rage and frustration-fueled transformation.

richskee

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
'Jacob's Ladder' very weird film about a man suffering from mental effects post Vietnam. This film goes places!

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Irreversible - A French movie about a rape that actually goes backwards in time and a large portion of the movie actually gyrates.

Conan Troutman

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Eraserhead
Tales From The Gimli Hospital
El Topo

from someone's comments at IMDB about Gimli Hospital:
The film is in its own surreal world, with the town of Gimli featuring unconventional behaviour, like the people washing their faces with straw, squeezing the insides of fish onto their heads, rubbing dead birds onto patient's wounds, a weird black-faced minstrel, a cow that lives under a bed...
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - I thought it was crap to be honest.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Eraserhead
Tales From The Gimli Hospital
El Topo

from someone's comments at IMDB about Gimli Hospital:
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - I thought it was crap to be honest.

I just checked out some of Tales from The Gimli Hospital and it reminded me of this clip from The Mighty Boosh, which is a piss take on movies such as the above-mentioned.

[YOUTUBE]901KtenSup8[/YOUTUBE]

Back