Movie Weirdest Movies You Have Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Southland Tales. Left me and a mate of mine absolutely speechless at the randomness.

watching that movie left me feeling like the producers were feeling when homer and Mel Gibson make a movie:

Gibson: Pretty cool, huh?
Male Producer 1: You, uh, you chopped off the President's head.
Gibson: Bet you didn't see that coming.
Woman Producer: You impaled a United States Senator with the American flag!
Other male Producer: Why did Mr. Smith kill everybody?
Homer: It was symbolism. He was mad

There were so many bizarre things! Why the rock? Why JT as sum rebal gang leader? Why??

When the blimp blows up, why does it look like its done in Microsoft Powerpoint??

Why does the ice cream truck float into the air? ( i get the handshake did sum crazy s**t, but why did it fly??)

Why did the Blonde daughter (Boxer's wife) and Sarah Michelle Gellar start 3some-ing the Rock on the dfloor infront of her vice president daddy??

Why did the 2 people trying to "fake" their deaths, disguise themselves BEFORE doing it? Shouldn't they have been normal so when the footage got out of the two neo-marxist leaders getting shot was leaked, people would get angry, AND THEN they would wear a disguise??

Why was this movie greenlighted, and why did so many stars sign on?

.....Did like the moby sound track though :thumbsu:

Donnie Darko was confusing when I first saw it, but a lot of the scenes were cut out which adds to the confusion. Watching the directors cut clears a lot of stuff up.

Keep an eye out for this one too.

www.sdarko.com

straight to DVD I believe. I'll probably still watch it.

Haven't seen them but i think these take the cake:

Executive Koala (pictured below)

executive_koala_still.jpg

"Tamura is an average divorced salaryman in Japan - and also a man-sized, suit-and-tie wearing, upright-walking koala bear. Though not a human being, he's a successful businessman with ventures overseas who refuses to play office politics. He hopes to marry his girlfriend, Yoko, and raise a child. His visions are of an ordinary life with an ordinary company until his ordinary retirement. But when his girlfriend turns up dead one morning, the police finger the Executive Koala as their prime suspect. Temura runs from Detective Ono and fights to prove his innocence. Tamura wants to know why there are gaps in his memory. Is he a murderer? Does he have multiple personalities? And what does his bartender (the frog) and his boss (the rabbit) know about the two-hundred year old terrifying secret behind the EXECUTIVE KOALA?"

and

The Calamari Wrestler

CalamariWrestler.jpg

The Calamari Wrestler (Japanese title: Ika resuraa) is a 2004 Japanese film by director Minoru Kawasaki, starring Kana Ishida and Osamu Nishimura. The magical realist plot revolves around a professional wrestler who, after developing a terminal illness, becomes a giant squid-like creature. While he finds some success in the ring, he craves respect outside it.

:D

I just watched Eraserhead.

I have finally found my calling. It's like a map of my mind, as depressing as it is I have been searching for years for the answer. For the record I have a genius level IQ. I think that has something to do with it.

MG

Donnie Darko was confusing when I first saw it, but a lot of the scenes were cut out which adds to the confusion. Watching the directors cut clears a lot of stuff up.

Keep an eye out for this one too.

www.sdarko.com

straight to DVD I believe. I'll probably still watch it.
I watched the Directors Cut. Haven't seen the original.

Donnie Darko is terrific, one of my absolute favourites. Worth watching more than once as it becomes a bit clearer.

The person that mentioned Eternal Sunshine and said it should be in the "bad" category, clearly fails.

Cronenberg has already been mentioned a few times, and with good reason. Another one of his, 'Videodrome' was right up there is the weird stakes. I love his work, but he is clearly insane.

Mulholland Drive is a massive trip, Lynch is a genius. Lost Highway is another one of his whacked out movies.

Magnolia is another one you could throw on the list.

Donnie Darko is terrific, one of my absolute favourites. Worth watching more than once as it becomes a bit clearer.

The person that mentioned Eternal Sunshine and said it should be in the "bad" category, clearly fails.

Cronenberg has already been mentioned a few times, and with good reason. Another one of his, 'Videodrome' was right up there is the weird stakes. I love his work, but he is clearly insane.

Mulholland Drive is a massive trip, Lynch is a genius. Lost Highway is another one of his whacked out movies.

Magnolia is another one you could throw on the list.

Hahaha totally agree on Videodrome, definitely needs to be in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gummo, and for a more popular one, Akira is pretty weird. I enjoyed both.

That said I've seen plenty of weird stuff on SBS back in the late nineties/early 2000's when they had the cult movies with Des Mangan. God I miss them. Some of the Euro trash stuff with vampires etc made no sense at all.

Here's one I remember, "the killer condom" Lmao. Awesome. Bring back Des

Sex And Lucia is a weird movie i saw recently,Paz Vega is hot in it though

I was too busy having a slash to Paz & the other hot chick to notice any kind of plot

Some of the cult films on SBS were also weird and wonderful, Japanese style, like the Weatherwoman series and a few others.

Tank Girl. Random comic pages, talking kangaroos and Malcolm McDowell drinking his enemies for starters.

Turkish Star Wars would be up there as one of the weirdest films I have ever seen. It has actual scenes from Star Wars and then some of the weirdest, nonsensical scenes with the Turkish characters. The magic really starts to weave itself into the film when there are fight scenes in the desert while Indiana Jones music is being played in the background. You can watch the whole film on the internet if you wish to witness greatness Turkish style.

Other honourable mentions go to Ninja Terminator and The Wraith.

I watched Audition last night for the first time... weird that I've missed it for so long since I'm into the extreme Asian fare.

The thing everyone says about this movie is that you should go into it knowing nothing whatsoever. Well I can't disagree with that but I knew basically everything about it, and it still blew me away. Suffice to say it's one of the most jaw-dropping gearshift movies ever made: an austere, Ozu-style romantic comedy/drama for the first half then the most downright ****ing ghastly horror movie you can imagine in the second. Great, crazy stuff.

Sex And Lucia is a weird movie i saw recently,Paz Vega is hot in it though

Watched it and have left it sitting on my IQ2 for about 6 months. Just can't bring myself to delete it.

I watched 'The Nines' today with Ryan Reynolds. Very weird movie. Was watching it on and off and got a little lost at times but when I read viewer reviews on IMDb, it is universally thought of as a work of genius it seems. Will have to sit down and watch it again from start to finish to pick up the subtleties.

I remember watching 'Brazil' as a kid and being absolutely clueless as to what was going on in and, if memory serves, it had it's share of weirdness.

However, I bet if I went back to it now I'd probably enjoy it - it's plot was "1984"-esque I think.

Terry Gilliam does make his share of movies that are left of centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back