Yatmax

Channel your inner Mark Zanotti
Sep 13, 2016
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coburg
I'm wondering what is your weirdest piece of sport clothing you own?

2016-san-jose-sharks-jersey-8-joe-pavelski.jpg

I'd rather stand in the rain than wear an opposition team's spray jacket.
I'm sure others on the board have other items from other clubs. But you were a pies fan before converting to Port so that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm sure others on the board have other items from other clubs. But you were a pies fan before converting to Port so that's like the pot calling the kettle black.
Yeah but I don't walk around wearing Collingwood stuff nowadays. Anyway, this is getting stale now.

A Harvard baseball vested fleece. Happen to be wearing it now. I love the thing, but it doesn't make sense why that would be an apparel option for that sport specifically. Great impulse buy, though even though I don't really care for Harvard athletics.

Got a Dees jumper with the sponsor logo printed upside down.

2989c3d0.jpg

To be fair, it might have been a prototype by Asics, the equivalent of flying a flag upside down to signal distress.

As a Demons fan who suffered through the last decade, I'd have changed into this at any game as soon as the margin exceeded 50 points!

For me, I don't really own much weird sporting apparel or much apparel at all. The weirdest might be my Werribee polo shirt. I found it at Savers for 8 or 9 bucks. What's weird about it is that it's made by Diadora, but Werribee's jumpers seem to have always been made by the league-wide apparel sponsor. My guess is that it might be a player issue, but I'll never know for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Werribee have been getting their polos from CCC for the last few years, and a lot of their training gear for the last few years seems to be by Puma, so they must be going for the highest bidder (which wouldn't be much), or AFL Victoria/ AFL have a list of apparel contacts of bigger brands that will do the state teams at a reduced price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back