Weitering on Toby Greene, is he in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

season 3 accident GIF

Media scrutiny so they make it a fine. Meanwhile they give a week to a GWS player who had an accidental collision with a Carlton player.

MRO doing what MRO does best.

You should definitely double down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in your mind Greene does to Weitering what Weitering did to Greene and the MRO gives no more than a fine?

You know full well that is horse s**t. Greene would absolutely be given a week or more.

I wouldn't have expected anybody to cop anything for that action. A split second grabbing at something to get the opponent off his teammate who was in a headlock,and immediately readjusted. Completely incidental. Considering Greene copped a fine for contract to the eyes on Bontempelli, which looked worse, your argument just flew out of the window.

Media scrutiny so they make it a fine. Meanwhile they give a week to a GWS player who had an accidental collision with a Carlton player.

MRO doing what MRO does best.
I originally thought Weitering might get a week, but the more I saw it, the more it looked like a fine. Was a scramble of hands and any contact was fleeting and incidental.
The grading of careless, low impact and high contact was exactly what it was.
The eye gouges that Toby has been done for have been in different circumstances and more deliberate, but they hold no bearing here.

If there was a Toby tax, then why didn't he get done for rough conduct for the headlock? Or for the groin punch on Gov later?
I'll tell you why. There was nothing in those incidents and there's no Toby tax.

The Bedford bump is maybe a little rough, but it was late, front on contact that floored Fisher. Bedford seemed to know straight away that he might be on trouble, because he didn't continue playing and stopped to make sure Fisher was ok.
I wouldn't have a problem with them contesting that and getting it down to a fine, but it wasn't an accidental collision. He chose to bump Fisher after he got rid of the ball.

Lol that was predictable that he would get a fine.

In essence hes guilty of the charge but plays for a big vic club in a final so he gets a fine.

Of course. I mean, Christian hasn't tried to suspend any of our players this year.

Time to put down the pitchfork. Correct decision was made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back