Weitering on Toby Greene, is he in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you show the footage where Weitering actually gouged his eye?

Swap roles and it still would've been a fine, there was nothing in it.
It did more damage than what Zorko did, & he had to sit out a week:

Greene copped a week for a similar 'making contact to the eye region' offence in a 2019 final as well that caused no injury:

No consistency at all.

Greene copped a week for a similar 'making contact to the eye region' offence in a 2019 final as well that caused no injury:

No consistency at all.
What damage did he actually do?

You do realise that bleed is from something else and on the other side of his face, right?

I wish people actually looked at the facts instead of regurgitating dishonest garbage.

No consistency at all.
You've just posted two clips of guys trying to dig to China through peoples eyes to cop suspensions. This literally proves Weitering is nowhere near a suspension.

What damage did he actually do?

You do realise that bleed is from something else and on the other side of his face, right?
He bled mm's from his eye from a Carlton player making contact there. If that doesn't warrant a week then neither should the others in recent times is all I'm saying.

So Weitering tries to scoop Greene’s eyes out and gets a fine and Bedford’s tackle causes no injury and he misses a final. These guys are having a laugh.

GWS is the over-punished child of the AFL.
Yeah, 'scooping' with straight fingers above and below the eye.
Meanwhile, Bedford's 'tackle' wasn't even a tackle. It was late bump. Did you even watch the game?
1693211621182.png

You're struggling to see the difference? Seriously?
Zorko had him pinned to the ground, was on top of him and made an unnatural reach to his face from under his armpit and a pinching motion with his fingers around the eyes. If you're struggling with that, you probably shouldn't operate a vehicle on the road (assuming you do - maybe you don't).
No need for statements like that rubbish. Talk about the issue not personal attacks.

Incident should be dealt with on its own merits not the name of the person committing it.
How can you say this with a straight face after saying you see no difference between the two?
This one WAS dealt with on its merits, EXACTLY how you claim you want it, but you aren't happy?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He bled mm's from his eye from a Carlton player making contact there. If that doesn't warrant a week then neither should the others in recent times is all I'm saying.
He must have a magic hand if he can cause bleeding on the other side of his face to where the contact was made

How can you say this with a straight face after saying you see no difference between the two?
This one WAS dealt with on its merits, EXACTLY how you claim you want it, but you aren't happy?!?
Mate seriously, I asked what the difference between the incidents was and the other user replied "Zorko has prior reputation for being an utter p***k on field, Weiters has always been regarded as a clean and fair player"
and i was responding to that comment.
You'd hope if roles were reversed Greene would get the same outcome but who could say that confidently.

No need for statements like that rubbish. Talk about the issue not personal attacks.
You made some stupid statements. I questioned your ability to perform simple tasks.
If you don't want to open yourself up to ridicule, use better judgement.
The two incidents that you struggled to see the difference with, were VASTLY different.
Just because they have the words 'eye' and 'hand' doesn't make them the same.

You made some stupid statements. I questioned your ability to perform simple tasks.
If you don't want to open yourself up to ridicule, use better judgement.
The two incidents that you struggled to see the difference with, were VASTLY different.
Just because they have the words 'eye' and 'hand' doesn't make them the same.
one was careless/low impact/high contact and the other was careless/medium impact/high contact, you call that vastly different?

Mate seriously, I asked what the difference between the incidents was and the other user replied "Zorko has prior reputation for being an utter p***k on field, Weiters has always been regarded as a clean and fair player"
and i was responding to that comment.
You'd hope if roles were reversed Greene would get the same outcome but who could say that confidently.
Well, Toby gave away a free for a dangerous tackle that WASN'T cited.
He had a player in a headlock and WASN'T cited.
He punched a player in the junk and WASN'T cited.
All in the same game, but sure, Toby is treated differently.

one was careless/low impact/high contact and the other was careless/medium impact/high contact, you call that vastly different?
The actions and circumstances were. That's why they were graded differently. Don't use the MRO gradings as a reason for them being similar. There's very little wriggle room in the gradings.
There's 2 gradings for conduct; careless and intentional, but they'll find ways to call deliberate acts careless.
There's 2 areas of contact; high/groin and body.

So there's already a high probability that most actions will share 2 of the above gradings, with most citable offenses probably falling under careless and high.
That just leaves the severity of impact. Severe and high aren't used a lot, so that leaves most actions sharing the low and medium gradings.

There's a strong chance that a LOT of citations share very similar gradings, despite being different actions.

Looked intentional to me. Should have been a week. Isn’t though. Not surprised. At least the MRO are consistently inconsistent.
How many incidents are graded intentional? Not that I think this was intentional.
They rarely use it. When they do, it's usually for a body blow, where an intentional grading can still result in a fine. They pick and choose what gradings they use to get the desired outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back