• Weitering

Votes: 71 63.4%
  • Lever

Votes: 41 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Lever is undersold in the media

Interstate lag effect

Will pay closer attention to Weitering, but if he's to be a better player than Lever, he'll have to be Rance quality or better

No brainer really. Have to be a real Carlton hater or love of Crows to go the other guy.
He is not bad mind you, but one going to be a superstar at both ends. The other at one.

Agree it's a no brainer

Lever ahead

Averaging most intercept marks in the comp

Everything points to Weitering, as he's just your smart prototype reliable key defender. I know he can go forward, so it will be interesting if he does an Alastair Lynch or David Neitz, or stays a key defender throughout the bulk of his career.

But Lever has this X-factor that's hard to come by or quantify.

Head says Weitering, but gut says Lever.

Probably Weitering, but for the sake of this poll Lever.

How pissed am I ... I wanted Lever in his draft with Carlton's pick 7. Instead we essentially swapped it for Jaksch and Boekhorst. If ever any opposition supporters want to know why Carlton posters love what SOS and Bolton have been doing at Carlton, just look to this rubbish from their predecessors.

How pissed am I ... I wanted Lever in his draft with Carlton's pick 7. Instead we essentially swapped it for Jaksch and Boekhorst. If ever any opposition supporters want to know why Carlton posters love what SOS and Bolton have been doing at Carlton, just look to this rubbish from their predecessors.
To be fair, Lever was taken at 14, so a heap of clubs missed him. GWS had 3 picks inside the top 10, they should be kicking themselves the most. And wasn't SOS in charge of their recruiting at that time?

Everything points to Weitering, as he's just your smart prototype reliable key defender. I know he can go forward, so it will be interesting if he does an Alastair Lynch or David Neitz, or stays a key defender throughout the bulk of his career.

Talk about a bet each way.
It's tough to call, but I am leaning more towards Lever as I see him more.

To be fair, Lever was taken at 14, so a heap of clubs missed him. GWS had 3 picks inside the top 10, they should be kicking themselves the most. And wasn't SOS in charge of their recruiting at that time?

For me at pick 7, Lever was a gimmie as far as Carlton's needs went. Was very annoyed at the time with what Rogers did.

As for SOS, he was building a list for positional depth and had already taken Marchbank as a defender, so probably hadn't the need to load up again on another. Reckon Lever was the one to go out of those two, but given the concerns over his knee and that Marchbank was a bottom ager who is definitely tracking pretty well at Carlton, I can see why he went the former. Pity for Ahern and Pickett that they both copped serious injuries; sadly ironic given it was injuries that cast the doubt on Lever in the first place. Funny game sometimes is footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a rollercoaster.

Weltering will be a once in a life time player just wait till you see Carlton start to gel.

I'm not he's that good.
This poll will swing both ways for the next 10 years.

Weitering needs a big pre-season and a good run with injuries, still 2 years younger than Lever essentially.

I'm not he's that good.
This poll will swing both ways for the next 10 years.

Weitering needs a big pre-season and a good run with injuries, still 2 years younger than Lever essentially.

Two years younger?

Weitering.

Clearly playing injured at the moment. He was fantastic last year and will get back to that eventually. Has also been hurt a bit this year by the emergence of Marchbank and now Jones.

Weitering.

Unless Lever is 30-50% better than Weitering he's not as valuable. Injury status/game count is such an underestimated and integral factor.

Back