Weitering Vs Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares if he did or didnt. The point is.. he's not good.

Is this your way of trolling him because some people dare suggested he helped weitering have such a good junior career by being the lock down defender?

Would not put it past you, especially as you are willing to write off a kid who only turned 18 in defender based on one game.

Is this your way of trolling him because some people dare suggested he helped weitering have such a good junior career by being the lock down defender?

Would not put it past you, especially as you are willing to write off a kid who only turned 18 in defender based on one game.
It's not trolling. I was firmly against drafting him even when some of the Carlton board we're adamant we should do the double and lock down Weitering and Collins. I just don't think his skill set or body type is that of an AFL footballer. He may build into one, but I wouldn't want him on my list.

Collins looks pretty slow and cumbersome tbh. Dominated against his opponents because he had the size and strength at underage level.

I'm glad we bypassed him. The modern game isn't getting slower and you can get big defenders in the state leagues ala Adams.

Maybe more like fatigue. He's not sitting in the square anymore.

This. His GPS figures this season have been massive for an experienced KPF let alone a rookie.

Weitering looking like a gem and every bit the player he was touted to be.

As for the marking thing, can't blame schache when he's leading at the ball only to find it constantly flying over his head and into the arms of a zoning opposition defender. Happening every game the lions play this year. Once that starts improving he'll look a whole lot better for it

Last edited:
The organisation of Bolt's defence has been well documented and I believe has been a key in allowing Weitering to shine as an intercept marking defender.. The defensive structures in place are on par with even the top sides and has been of huge benefit not only to JW but even Rowe and White have looked like much better players than at any stage in their careers.

Now Brisbanes entire structure is awful, I sometimes feel sorry for Schache as it is not a happy place to be playing KPF for this terrible side. Our skills are deplorable I am actually impressed with Schache this year in terms of production V supply. The only knock I have is his goal kicking so far hasn't been as good as advertised, this could be to a bunch of factors..

If Brisbane can finally get some talent and structure in place it will be much easier to judge the JW V JS debate but on performance so far Weitering has looked better

It's not trolling. I was firmly against drafting him even when some of the Carlton board we're adamant we should do the double and lock down Weitering and Collins. I just don't think his skill set or body type is that of an AFL footballer. He may build into one, but I wouldn't want him on my list.

you guys know what you are talking about. you had the giant head on your list for what 5 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering is terrific, has so much time when he has the ball and he's good in the air. It was good to see Schache getting the ball a bit on the weekend, he really is a good mover for a first year tall.

Weitering is benefiting from playing in one of the best defensive structures in the league while most weeks the ball hardly gets down to Schache's end. Outside of when they directly play on each other though it's always going to be a useless comparison as the player in the better team will always shine out more.

Only going by exposed form.
Will be interesting to see whether it improves stepping up a couple of grades.
I don't think we'll see him until this time next year at the earliest. Plenty of time to work on his kicking. He has plenty to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back