Weitering Vs Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

Curnow had really bad year with injury in his draft year. When he was on the park he wasn't anywhere near his best.
One of your recruiters put together a 25 minute highlight package on Charlie Curnow on his web site and it's it pretty dame impressive.
Shows him winning stacks of contested ball running the footy, playing on ball on a wing up forward even in the ruck.
Kid also has a really powerful leap at the footy. People at training have seen him kicking goals from well outside 50 with ease.
Already pushing his older fitness freak brother Ed in the running drills.
By the looks of things it won't be long till he has big brother covered.
Hope so. I'm wary of judging a player on highlights packages.
Hell, Waylon Manson looked a superstar in his highlight package.

Hope he can put it all together for you guys but nothing from his junior days suggest he's going to be a contested ball beast nor a dominant forward.

Schache had such a great first year for a KPF. Looked every bit worth a top 2 pick. Still remember his North Melbourne game in his first year - took 5 contested marks in that game, just looked like he had the goods.

The wheels totally fell off after that first year though.

I remember going to Schache's first ever training session with us and he was so impressive, IIRC he had approx 20 set shots and never missed one, I thought gee we have a special one here. Unfortunately Josh has limited desire for the contest or aggression in his game which are fatal flaws for a KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh's biggest issue is that he has no explosive power whatsoever. Doesn't have the burst speed to get much seperation nor the power to physically impose himself in marking contests or provide tackling. His gas tank is good but thats easy to counter when defenders peel off their opponents on the regular. His defensive efforts are absolutely disgraceful, especially in comparison to Bruce and Naughton who are both quite good at providing pressure.

He is 5 years in and has no right whatsoever to be anywhere near our best 22. Our supporters get sucked in by his skills which he can utilize when the ball is on a platter but you might get 3 or 4 of those opportunities per season.

I'd be shocked if he remains past this year. JUH will be given priority if we start with 3 key forwards next year.

Got shouted down by the Lions board for 2 years when Schache was with us for calling him soft and lacking the desire for a contest. He's soft and that is a bare minimum when you want to be a KPF at AFL. At the time he was the right selection for what the Lions needed but you'd take Oliver any day of the week and twice on game day instead of that spud. Deserves what he gets.

Neither good.

Although Schache would get a game at Collingwood whereas Weitering wouldn't.

Still looking like midfielders are the best bets from national drafts, key position players/ruck all tend to disappoint.

No contest here.

I'm not sure Schache will be on an AFL list in 2021.
He's a key forward who was picked early. Kicked 24 goals from 14 games in 2019 while playing back up ruck at times. He will be on a list, just not so sure it will be on the Dogs list. And definitely not on the same size contract

I have, and it makes me question whether you have watched how dominant Moore (1st KPD), Roughhead (2nd KPD), Howe (Backup KPD/3rd tall defender) have been. Weitering hasn't even been remotely close to their performances.

That has done nothing to dispel my theory that you haven't watched Weitering at all in 2020.

Weitering is having an outstanding season, and it has nothing to do with how good you want to tell us the Collingwood trio have been.

That has done nothing to dispel my theory that you haven't watched Weitering at all in 2020.

Weitering is having an outstanding season, and it has nothing to do with how good you want to tell us the Collingwood trio have been.
My statement was that Weitering wouldn't get a game at the Pies specifically if you read properly. So of course what our back 6 line up consists of is relevant.

It's amazing how immediately defensive you guys get :).

If you didn't get triggered by others' opinion of your golden boy, and even bothered to read properly you would've realised that despite me not rating weitering, no where did I say that his current season is terrible. It's just not as good compared to Moore, Roughhead, howe.

Last edited:
My statement was that Weitering wouldn't get a game at the Pies specifically if you read properly. So of course what our back 6 line up consists of is relevant.

It's amazing how immediately defensive you guys get :).

If you didn't get triggered by others' opinion of your golden boy, and even bothered to read properly you would've realised that despite me not rating weitering, no where did I say that his current season is terrible. It's just not as good compared to Moore, Roughhead, howe.

Your post literally began with this, referring to Weitering and Schache:

Neither good.

That has nothing to do with whether or not they'd get a game at Collingwood.

I can handle people with different opinions, but I'm far less lenient with people talking s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back