#16 Brent Daniels (Pick 27, 2017 National Draft)

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Welcome Brent Daniels! We needed a small forward and we drafted one.

The GIANTS have selected Brent Daniels at pick 27 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft.

Daniels is a small forward who reads the ball exceptionally well off hands and is a good distributor by hand and foot.

He is courageous and with clean hands and performed well for Vic Country across the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

GIANTS National Recruiting Manager Adrian Caruso said: “We believe he’s the best small forward in the draft.

“He’s footy smart and has the skills and speed to be a damaging forward of centre player.”

Daniels also impressed at Draft Combine with his 2.95 seconds for 20m and 8.11 seconds in AFL agility run, both in the top bracket.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-11-24/pick-27-brent-daniels

daniels221117.jpg

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I like that symmetry - hopefully we do give Brent the 10 jersey. Great selection for GWS, this guy looks to be an outstanding prospect as a small forward, and I hope he trains hard and pushes the likes of MdB and Deledio for a spot in the first grade team early in 2018. If GWS can take the next step forward in the 2018 season, we will need guys like this to have great years.

So, welcome Brent, really excited to see what you can bring to the team. Have a great pre-season and we'll see you in the orange & charcoal in 2018. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Powkid

Senior List
Jul 31, 2012
Northern Beaches
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, Carlton
I wanted to bump this one up.
How good is Brent Stormy Daniels!!!!

He is seriously so underrated and has been arguably bog the last 2 games. He’s finally hitting the scoreboard.
But it’s his effort and pressure I love most.
He has been moving higher up the ground and I can really see him spending more time in the midfielder. Absolutely love seeing this guy play!

We have a great Mosquito Fleet now with Stormy, XOH, Snooze and Peatling.
Inside 50 tackles have never been better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

After missing all of 2022 with a debilitating hamstring injury, Daniels has kicked 16 goals in 10 games this year, including three in the season-saving win over Geelong on the weekend and four against flag fancy Brisbane. Inside attacking 50, he is sixth for tackles across the competition. His start to the season has led to him being mentioned in All-Australian squad discussions and, while that may make some on the outside take notice, those in the know at the Giants have been bullish about Daniels' potential for some time.

When the tough times started to mount for Daniels, he had a fellow country boy to provide some critical support. "My housemate, Harry Perryman, has been big for me. Living with him, he's seen what I've been through. There's been some tough times at home where I've been pretty upset, but he's always been positive with me. He's a country boy as well, so last year he let me come back to his farm for a few days when I was in the middle of the injuries and that was a great time for me just to get away and relax a little bit."

"Toby Greene's been massive for me as well. We see the player he is, he's huge on belief and he's really instilled that in me, and he's been one of my biggest supporters since I got to the club."

Back