kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Welcome Zac Langdon. 22 year old small forward. Looks like a unit. Might play a few games this year!

With pick 56 in the NAB AFL Draft, the GIANTS selected Zac Langdon.

Langdon is a ready-made small forward who has played the last two years in the WAFL for Claremont.

He won the Yo-Yo test at the WA State Combine in October which highlights his enormous endurance.

GIANTS National Recruiting Manager Adrian Caruso said: “He’s a 22-year-old who has showed enormous determination to get where he has.

“He spent the last two years in the WAFL for Claremont where his elite running and foot skills stood out.”

He’s a highly-skilled player who pushes hard to impact up the ground as well as in the forward 50.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-11-24/pick-56-zac-langdon

GQG161O2B.1-0.jpg

Sp between him and Ben Daniels to replace Devon Smith, Stevie J and Brett Deledio... No pressure....

Looks a really compact, nuggetty player. Keen to see him put some pressure on the other small/medium forwards and see what he can bring to the Giants. Hopefully he can be a good news story like his namesake (Zac Williams) or similar story (mature-aged draftee Rory Lobb). Welcome to the Giants Zac and look forward to seeing you on the park in 2018. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

An interesting pick and looking forward to seeing him play but his stats don't look like he has taken the WAFL by storm but if he has good fitness maybe in the NEAFL he will make me think again and being a mature recruit he should have a strength advantage over some of the opposition defenders

A bit of an article on Zac and seems to have a great attitude and is certainly saying all the right things
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...r-getting-drafted-by-gws-giants-ng-b88671439z

ZAC Langdon hopes to follow the lead of the last great AFL player from Dampier, dual West Coast premiership ruckman Dean Cox, after joining Greater Western Sydney. He might have a different body shape to Cox and it will be with rival club GWS, but Langdon is keen to make an impact at the elite level after a break-out season with Claremont in the WAFL. The 22-year-old midfielder-forward, who was identified as a future star by Norm Smith Medallist Andrew Embley in Dampier three years ago, said he was proud of his country roots. “It’s really good to come from the country,” Langdon said. “I have got a lot of support behind me. I just really want to make everyone proud from back home and look forward to doing that.” Langdon said he wasn’t concerned about leaving WA, embracing the chance to line up with one of the AFL’s newer clubs. “I don’t understand it how people can get homesick or want to change teams,” he said.“It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I’m over the moon and more than happy to go to GWS. “I was really hoping it would be GWS. They showed a bit of interest leading up to the draft and I thought my chances might come late in the draft and if not in the rookie draft. “I am over the moon and it’s the best moment of my life.”

A bit of an article on Zac and seems to have a great attitude and is certainly saying all the right things
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...r-getting-drafted-by-gws-giants-ng-b88671439z

ZAC Langdon hopes to follow the lead of the last great AFL player from Dampier, dual West Coast premiership ruckman Dean Cox, after joining Greater Western Sydney. He might have a different body shape to Cox and it will be with rival club GWS, but Langdon is keen to make an impact at the elite level after a break-out season with Claremont in the WAFL. The 22-year-old midfielder-forward, who was identified as a future star by Norm Smith Medallist Andrew Embley in Dampier three years ago, said he was proud of his country roots. “It’s really good to come from the country,” Langdon said. “I have got a lot of support behind me. I just really want to make everyone proud from back home and look forward to doing that.” Langdon said he wasn’t concerned about leaving WA, embracing the chance to line up with one of the AFL’s newer clubs. “I don’t understand it how people can get homesick or want to change teams,” he said.“It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I’m over the moon and more than happy to go to GWS. “I was really hoping it would be GWS. They showed a bit of interest leading up to the draft and I thought my chances might come late in the draft and if not in the rookie draft. “I am over the moon and it’s the best moment of my life.”
Might an advantageof an older player, he has realistic expectations.

We love our character picks.

From season one we have been using late picks to fill the squad out with a few honest battlers. I think it’s a great system.

If Bonar and Setterfield don’t put in the hard yards behind the scenes, they can look forward to playing some NEAFL. A rising character tide lifts all boats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that highlights can be deceptive as they cherrypick just the best bits, but if that highlight package is reasonably indicative of his work, I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised and excited by this kid. Seems to have a decent burst of speed, hands are pretty clean, and a long kick. Would need to know his stats better to judge if he can kick long and accurately, but certainly something to work with there. Averaging a bit under 4 tackles per game at league level so hopefully he can bring that all-round game to the AFL. :thumbsu:

Zac LANGDON
2017 WAFL (Claremont)

Totals
  • 14 games
  • 16 goals
  • 17 behinds
  • 3 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.9 kicks
  • 6.2 handballs
  • 16.1 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 3.6 tackles
  • 3.1 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 1.4 frees for
  • 1.1 frees against
  • 74.14 Dream Team points
2016 WAFL (Claremont)
Totals
  • 10 games
  • 10 goals
  • 7 behinds
  • 0 times in best players list

Averages
  • 7.3 kicks
  • 5.6 handballs
  • 12.9 disposals
  • 2.3 marks
  • 4.3 tackles
  • 2.4 inside 50s
  • 0.3 rebound 50s
  • 0.9 frees for
  • 1.8 frees against
  • 59.40 Dream Team points

A sexy G is slipping into his handle.
ZGL; Zac Giles Langdon.
Is the Giles a middle name or a remnant double barrel?
Zac 'G for Giant' Langdon goes OK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back