Player Watch Will Hamill

Remove this Banner Ad

He's quality. The only reason he hasn't done better this year is due to not giving him more time as a half back/wingman and instead playing him as a lockdown defender. Hopefully that'll come this year and next.

Good signing. He is pretty solid as a defender, however he very rarely hits a clean target. He always has some plays where he dashes away from a contest, but unfortunately blazes away a bit. We need to see his attacking side improve now his defending is very solid. Cant afford to have more dour defenders who cant hit targets.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good signing. He is pretty solid as a defender, however he very rarely hits a clean target. He always has some plays where he dashes away from a contest, but unfortunately blazes away a bit. We need to see his attacking side improve now his defending is very solid. Cant afford to have more dour defenders who cant hit targets.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he hits them more often than not, but he goes for dangerous kicks and sometimes misses them badly. Does need to tidy it up.

Thought Hamill played well last night. If he had a bloody midfield/HF line that would actually move in front of him so that he had someone to actually pass to, he would have had a stand out game. Instead he was left to try and create run that ultimately turned into circles then HBs.

Bit like Schoenberg, wasted what could have been a breakout game on a match where most players weren't up for the fight at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone getting worried about the number of concussions?

Yep. He already didn't seem quite the same after the first one. Hopefully this wasn't as severe and at least he'll have a longer break before playing again.

I remember Smithers having a bad one a few years ago and it took him the best part of a year before he returned to his usual form.

Yep. He already didn't seem quite the same after the first one. Hopefully this wasn't as severe and at least he'll have a longer break before playing again.

I remember Smithers having a bad one a few years ago and it took him the best part of a year before he returned to his usual form.
2021 would be over for him now, let's hope he can get back to full health with no long lasting effects.

Anyone getting worried about the number of concussions?

It's always a worry when players start getting repeat concussions so we should be more cautious with Will and not play him again this season. I find it concerning that a player can get repeat concussions in a season and they follow the standard 12 day protocol from the AFL but when I suffered a second concussion in a season 4 or 5 years back, the docs ruled me out of any competitive sport for 2 months. I'm not sure why the different rules to be honest

Seems to be the type to always get injured. Just looks a bit flimsy when approaching contests. Needs to somehow better prepare for contact..

It's always a worry when players start getting repeat concussions so we should be more cautious with Will and not play him again this season. I find it concerning that a player can get repeat concussions in a season and they follow the standard 12 day protocol from the AFL but when I suffered a second concussion in a season 4 or 5 years back, the docs ruled me out of any competitive sport for 2 months. I'm not sure why the different rules to be honest
How many is this for Hamill now?

Must be at least 3, and I reckon could be 4-5 (at least 1-2 in SANFL and 2 in AFL).

How many is this for Hamill now?

Must be at least 3, and I reckon could be 4-5 (at least 1-2 in SANFL and 2 in AFL).
If this lad has had 4-5 serious concussions, then with what we now know, he should be advised to retire himself. Has his whole life ahead of him.

If this lad has had 4-5 serious concussions, then with what we now know, he should be advised to retire himself. Has his whole life ahead of him.

A quick Google found 4 in the last 2 years - surprised this isn't being discussed more on here.

Port on the weekend
Melbourne in August 2020
Brisbane in June 2020
And listed as a test due to concussion in the SANFL in 2019.

A quick Google found 4 in the last 2 years - surprised this isn't being discussed more on here.

Port on the weekend
Melbourne in August 2020
Brisbane in June 2020
And listed as a test due to concussion in the SANFL in 2019.
It would have to be close to career over.

People can argue with that but it's for his own good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back