Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

He's contracted, if someone wants him they'll pay a second. O
why would anyone want him though?.. he’s barely sanfl level.

best we just hold onto him and play him in the sanfl for the remainder of his contract and then, if nothing changes, delist him..

can we shift him mid contract into a rookie spot at seasons end?.. so we can atleast free up a list spot.

best we just hold onto him and play him in the sanfl for the remainder of his contract and then, if nothing changes, delist him..

can we shift him mid contract into a rookie spot at seasons end?.. so we can atleast free up a list spot.

I'm just saying that he's contracted and is someone wants him they'll pay a 2nd. The why's and wherefores I'm not commenting on.

I still think he can play a less technical role.

Game come at him and he can react rather than create.

Can't see him being an AFL quality mid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

you're dreaming...no way he would draw a 2nd rounder at this point.

We just have to persist with Chayce and hope he finds the potential he'd shown as a draftee.

I liked some of the things he did today and feel a HBF may be the way to go for the rest of the year with Chayce. The kid has skills off both feet, just needs to learn some composure and then back himself. Get him having 20-25 possies at SANFL will be a great start in his journey back

I'd develop him HF over Lynch, its the only spot he looked remotely like an AFL player in, besides the blue moon game vs dogs 2019.

A club might give a 4th for him, whats the point. See how he goes at HB I guess, he could become a kmart lachie ash.
HF could be his spot.

Could also be the death of him, tough role to play.

Credit to Lynch who has made a career out of it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Disagree, there will be a club that was very keen on him in his draft year that will drop a second or late second.
It’s the same every draft, as long as you cash out early enough
Hold on that little bit too long and they would have filled that gap and the value disappears.
Gallucci has shown more in his 4 years (despite him not being 2 way runner) than Jones has in his 3 years and no-one offered Gallucci a contract after we delisted him.....

Disagree, there will be a club that was very keen on him in his draft year that will drop a second or late second.
It’s the same every draft, as long as you cash out early enough
Hold on that little bit too long and they would have filled that gap and the value disappears.

crazy take.

he has no value. Nothing even like a second. A 4th would be a shock

it’s because his value is so low we’re obliged to try and figure it out cause we have no exit options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade him and move him on would be the best for both sides.
He’ll never come good here, so we either keep him until he has zero value of trade him now whilst he still has potential.
A no-brainer if you take the emotion out.
I'd say he'd have zero value right now. 3rd round pick at best. Trade him and get him off our books. We seem to have better luck with later picks anyway.
P.S. I know he's contracted and can refuse a trade but if we indicate he is not required he would probably be up for a trade.

He did play SANFL in the end - so did he go to Tassie to see family as Nicks said he would? Weird weekend all round.
yes he did, Nicks said so in his presser, was still there on monday I took it from the presser

No one will want Jones at present

If he goes it'll cost nothing and we'll have to pay some of his contract

So he'll stay
Only if there is a plausible path to our first team

Whereas if the situation is clearly hopeless, then it’s more likely he goes in a salary dump trade. To someone willing to roll the dice on a potential freebie such as North Melbourne

Considering his first 2 games in a new role has been v Eagles in Perth and the undefeated Demons he's applied himself well as a small defender. Finding a decent amount of the ball and using it well. His kick is way more penetrating than I previously remember. Keeps them low and punches hard. Enjoying this little spurt of redemption.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering his first 2 games in a new role has been v Eagles in Perth and the undefeated Demons he's applied himself well as a small defender. Finding a decent amount of the ball and using it well. His kick is way more penetrating than I previously remember. Keeps them low and punches hard. Enjoying this little spurt of redemption.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No one wants to see their first round pick be a bust and it seems both the duds from 2018 might actually have something after all. Who could imagine it can take a while for some kids to find their niche. Early days still but Chase and McHenry might be decent in the end.

I love the move of Jones down back. I know being moved into defence has a kind of "you've failed as a midfielder" feel to it, but it's not like Jones is going to make it in our midfield anyway with Berry's emergence, Laird and Keays solidifying their spots, Crouch still to come back, and Pedlar/Cook/O'Connor in the wings.

Playing down back lets Jones use his genuine strengths - pace, skills, decision-making - without having his weaknesses exposed. I think it could prove to be a masterstroke.

I love the move of Jones down back. I know being moved into defence has a kind of "you've failed as a midfielder" feel to it, but it's not like Jones is going to make it in our midfield anyway with Berry's emergence, Laird and Keays solidifying their spots, Crouch still to come back, and Pedlar/Cook/O'Connor in the wings.

Playing down back lets Jones use his genuine strengths - pace, skills, decision-making - without having his weaknesses exposed. I think it could prove to be a masterstroke.
He’s 21 years old. Give him 3 or 4 years in the backline to solidify himself as an AFL player then take it from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back