Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like how we have used this year's MSD to hopefully get a free hit on a talented kid that we don't have to compete for in the ND

Hamish said that the recruiters believe that Patry could play down back, wing on midfield.

Speed, elite kicking and great decision making are all attributes that this team needs and that complement Nicks game plan.

Hopefully the kid does well

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A desire for the hard contest and a willingness to tackle hard and often?

Atkins hardness was unfairly slagged here. It was fine, for an outside mid.

He had some serious complacency issues though. Everything kind of dropped off once he was properly established in our best 22.

Everyone seems to be comparing him to Caleb daniel..

To me he looks more like a Zac Fisher (catlton) clone..

Moves alot like him.
I can see that (from the little i've seen). Seems to hit that real hard and fast first 5 steps to get himself clear, which is a trait I love and can't believe isn't more common. Will Hamill does that too when he's attacking (seemed to do it a lot more frequently last year).

If his skills/decision making are really on a level with Sholl, and he likes to (and can) burst out of congestion like Hamill then that's a very nice combination of traits.

Welcome Parnell! Sounds like the club has long-term plans for him, hopefully they pan out.

I have a question. Why was he still available here? Given his age, he would have been eligible for the 2020 draft. Mmmmmn
Welcome Parnell! Sounds like the club has long-term plans for him, hopefully they pan out.

I have a question. Why was he still available here? Given his age, he would have been eligible for the 2020 draft. Did he put his name in the mix but get overlooked by every club last year? Has he suddenly come out of the clouds this year? Did he not get to play any footy last year with Covid?
Close to no footy in vic last year and very physically immature as a 17 yo so wasn’t going to get picked off his 17 yo season

has rocked up this year and been a huge ball winner and the best by foot in the nab league and developed physically even though still small

One thing to watch from his highlights ( which is always dangerous ) is that he has an ability to change angles with ball in hand which is very high level AFL

it’s the kicking off both feet but also the agility and vision to not just go the easy option by foot but the more attacking one

and no , I don’t think he’s competing with Luke brown , he won’t ply on the most dangerous smalls but be a playmaker we try and free up whether that’s in defence or further up the ground

Pace and kicking ability, something we need plenty more of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Mackay will get another year based on his training form.
I dont know why people actually say this with sarcasm..

I fully expect at this point that mookay will play nearly every remaining game this season if he stays uninjured and will be granted “just one more year” come the seasons end..

This club seriously considers him to be a veteran gun of the club and easily best 22.. theres absolutely no doubt about that.

I still think Mackay will get another year based on his training form.
s-media-cache-ak0-pinimg-com-a65-3ae-e-gif.1021266

[this gif should get a workout with parnigiana :grimacing:]

Very good pick. Can never have too many boys that can actually kick the football. Especially with the way game is played now.

U18 coach was heard to say recently - biggest issue with kids coming through now is not their athletic ability - it’s having enough of them I can mortgage my house on them hitting a 20m target.

One thing to watch from his highlights ( which is always dangerous ) is that he has an ability to change angles with ball in hand which is very high level AFL

it’s the kicking off both feet but also the agility and vision to not just go the easy option by foot but the more attacking one

and no , I don’t think he’s competing with Luke brown , he won’t ply on the most dangerous smalls but be a playmaker we try and free up whether that’s in defence or further up the ground

More like the Brodie Smith role off half back. Although I'm not sure how much of an issue his lack of height would be.

I dont know why people actually say this with sarcasm..

I fully expect at this point that mookay will play nearly every remaining game this season if he stays uninjured and will be granted “just one more year” come the seasons end..

This club seriously considers him to be a veteran gun of the club and easily best 22.. theres absolutely no doubt about that.

easily best 22 ? :'(

You’d think at least 18 months. No way is he slotting in the AFL side this year, barring some major catastrophe with injuries to the smalls brigade.

Mackay is playing, so it's fair to say we're scraping the very bottom of the barrel. Reality is that anyone performing consistently at state league level wouldn't be far from coming under consideration if we were genuinely undertaking a rebuilding process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back