Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Atkins hardness was unfairly slagged here. It was fine, for an outside mid.
Details are sketchy, because it's a while ago --- I reckon it was The Crows Show, maybe 2016/17, not sure
Smithers and Atkins were being interviewed (I think that they were living together) and Atkins said something like one of his favorite things was tackling (something like that).
Smithers reaction was immediate and uncensored, priceless.

He snorted, derisively. It was telling, from a teammate.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Couldn't we find a better pic of the kid for the thread banner?

giphy.gif

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Named at HB in the SANFL team this week.
wow. Talk about a baptism of fire! Poor bugger probably won't know a single name on the team.

Personally I'm really looking forward to his first game netting a strong 18 disposals and some real spark. Then in 3 weeks time, once we have coached him properly, he will settle back in to a more respectable 8 possession game...

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
wow. Talk about a baptism of fire! Poor bugger probably won't know a single name on the team.

Personally I'm really looking forward to his first game netting a strong 18 disposals and some real spark. Then in 3 weeks time, once we have coached him properly, he will settle back in to a more respectable 8 possession game...
Worried he's going to get Chayce Jonesed?

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
That’s a positive... we seem to have guys that a very one-sided. Keays and Butts I’m looking at you or super slow decision makers cough Kelly cough cough...
Welcome Patrick, looks like he has skills just needs to develop physically.

Yes Keays and Butts are both very ordinary kicks on their right.

Nige_Bix

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWT Eagles
Very good pick. Can never have too many boys that can actually kick the football. Especially with the way game is played now.

U18 coach was heard to say recently - biggest issue with kids coming through now is not their athletic ability - it’s having enough of them I can mortgage my house on them hitting a 20m target.
I much prefer footballers over athletes! I think this kid has good footy skills

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Surely Milera is Mackay's replacement??

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No-one is Mackay's replacement. If Milera comes in, we move Mackay to another role. We would literally have to replace the entire 22 to push Mackay out. He will ruck before being dropped.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
No-one is Mackay's replacement. If Milera comes in, we move Mackay to another role. We would literally have to replace the entire 22 to push Mackay out. He will ruck before being dropped.
I am looking forward to them having to shuffle the pack that much to accommodate him and seeing him streaming out of full forward an then the next minute lining up as a key defender standing Cameron or Hawkins in the square

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Was really impressed with his game against Sturt, but man he looks like a 12yr old out there running with men.
Hamish did say it was a pick for the future..

Much like Gollant we'd have paid a far higher premium if we waited until the draft the way Parnell has lit up the NAB League this year.

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Hamish did say it was a pick for the future..

Much like Gollant we'd have paid a far higher premium if we waited until the draft the way Parnell has lit up the NAB League this year.

I do hope they persist and get some muscle on him. Could be a real steal. Can't wait for the calls to modify the MSD if he does come on, "not what is was intended for"

Back