Player Watch Jake Soligo - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not "wetting the bed". And when you are 18 "a bit" isn't 5-10 years.

There's been players devastated to be drafted by us that stayed long term like Radar, and others that made bold statements about being here long term like Lever.

So there's no "bed wetting", it's just an ordinary thing of a new draftee to say.

I listened to the interview and it sounded like he was trying to say 'looking forward to getting there and seeing what it's like after having lived there a bit...'

As if to say to the interviewer, 'i don't have an opinion on the place yet because I've never lived there, so i'm looking forward to getting that experience...'

Anyone who has ever relocated anywhere hasn’t done so automatically assuming it’s forever

only the most incontinent of Karen’s could seriously try to pretend there is an issue with a player thinking a move to Adelaide might not be forever. Before he’s even started!!!

Peak soiled sheets

Haven't even some of our longest serving one-club players moved home after finishing up their careers? A player not staying forever doesn't have to mean they leave during their career

Jake Soligo has inherited the number 14 from the recently retired David Mackay. Big expectations here.

Jake Soligo has inherited the number 14 from the recently retired David Mackay. Big expectations here.

Surely they could have given him a different number! Finally DMac retires, and now the very next season I could be haunted by seeing his number running around on the field😄

Surely they could have given him a different number! Finally DMac retires, and now the very next season I could be haunted by seeing his number running around on the field😄
14 should be retired never to be seen again

14 should be retired never to be seen again

I still often reminisce David Mackays dashs down the field, and pinpoint passes ....when I'm feeling a bit low

A career cut tragically short ..

Sad happy times .gif

or it could be 1 or 2 years. I hope that it is 5 to 10 years, as I think he is a great footy player with great potential. He is young, so it is natural to be scared about moving. The subconscious often speaks, and my thoughts was that his subconscious views came out in that interview. He may come to Adelaide and love it. After all, he has never been to Adelaide before and what is there to not like about it?
Port supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stunning lack of respect being shown for "the boy from Arthurton" Hayden Skipworth itt

Gives me this image of ROB perching on his bedpost like an enormous vulture, flapping his arm-wings occasionally and staring at him, unblinking, throughout the night.

As long as ROB's mobile phone works 😊

Some people are born with undivided loyalty. Hi Patty D.

Random thought but that whole homesickness thing is really dependent on the quality of a player.

A star like Danger has the power to choose where he goes because anyone would have him. If he was borderline AFL quality, he and his partner would’ve happily moved to Perth, Brisbane and back to Adelaide if it meant he could land a list spot (eg Hickey’s four-state/club journey).

Last edited:
Random thought but that whole homesickness thing is really dependent on the quality of a player.

A star like Danger has the power to choose where he goes because anyone would have him. If he was borderline AFL quality, he and his partner would’ve happily moved to Perth, Brisbane and back to Adelaide if he meant he could land a list spot (eg Hickey’s four-state/club journey)

How many years do they have after retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back