Welcome: 2021 Pick #36 - Jake Soligo

Remove this Banner Ad

George Kramer

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The kid knew we were keen on him, he seemed pumped to be selected by us, he is here with his mate plus only an idiot would publicly state they didn't plan on sticking around after being drafted, he obviously didn't mean he wasn't going to stick around.

Its also on to the club to build an environment where our players stay and so far with the recent re-signings, Nicks has been able to do that. Plus they can see all the off-field changes plus they have a young group they can build a career together with.

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
The kid knew we were keen on him, he seemed pumped to be selected by us, he is here with his mate plus only an idiot would publicly state they didn't plan on sticking around after being drafted, he obviously didn't mean he wasn't going to stick around.

Its also on to the club to build an environment where our players stay and so far with the recent re-signings, Nicks has been able to do that. Plus they can see all the off-field changes plus they have a young group they can build a career together with.
Exactly, it's up to AFC to build an environment that he has too many mates to want to leave.

Talking of leaving, Lever said when he arrived at our club that he expected he would be with us long term... so don't read anything into what a player says when they 1st arrive.

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Exactly, it's up to AFC to build an environment that he has too many mates to want to leave.

Talking of leaving, Lever said when he arrived at our club that he expected he would be with us long term... so don't read anything into what a player says when they 1st arrive.
Sloane and Talia are the benchmarks of what we did right to keep a very good Victorian here for the entirety of their AFL career.

WeedsMullet84

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
I'm not "wetting the bed". And when you are 18 "a bit" isn't 5-10 years.

There's been players devastated to be drafted by us that stayed long term like Radar, and others that made bold statements about being here long term like Lever.

So there's no "bed wetting", it's just an ordinary thing of a new draftee to say.

I listened to the interview and it sounded like he was trying to say 'looking forward to getting there and seeing what it's like after having lived there a bit...'

As if to say to the interviewer, 'i don't have an opinion on the place yet because I've never lived there, so i'm looking forward to getting that experience...'

Sanders

Horne of plenty
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who has ever relocated anywhere hasn’t done so automatically assuming it’s forever

only the most incontinent of Karen’s could seriously try to pretend there is an issue with a player thinking a move to Adelaide might not be forever. Before he’s even started!!!

Peak soiled sheets

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
We should at least wait to see if we have a player here before fretting about him being a flight risk.

Scorpus

Fair Value
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who has ever relocated anywhere hasn’t done so automatically assuming it’s forever

only the most incontinent of Karen’s could seriously try to pretend there is an issue with a player thinking a move to Adelaide might not be forever. Before he’s even started!!!

Peak soiled sheets

Haven't even some of our longest serving one-club players moved home after finishing up their careers? A player not staying forever doesn't have to mean they leave during their career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagleboy2011

Premiership Player
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC
Jake Soligo has inherited the number 14 from the recently retired David Mackay. Big expectations here.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jake Soligo has inherited the number 14 from the recently retired David Mackay. Big expectations here.

Surely they could have given him a different number! Finally DMac retires, and now the very next season I could be haunted by seeing his number running around on the field😄

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Surely they could have given him a different number! Finally DMac retires, and now the very next season I could be haunted by seeing his number running around on the field😄
14 should be retired never to be seen again

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
14 should be retired never to be seen again

I still often reminisce David Mackays dashs down the field, and pinpoint passes ....when I'm feeling a bit low

A career cut tragically short ..

Sad happy times .gif

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
or it could be 1 or 2 years. I hope that it is 5 to 10 years, as I think he is a great footy player with great potential. He is young, so it is natural to be scared about moving. The subconscious often speaks, and my thoughts was that his subconscious views came out in that interview. He may come to Adelaide and love it. After all, he has never been to Adelaide before and what is there to not like about it?
Port supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad