Player Watch Jake Soligo - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Welcome Jake!

A prolific ball-winner, the Eastern Ranges youngster has been biding his time in what has been a long, but interrupted year of underage football.

He’s a dogged midfielder with the smarts to match his tenacity in the contest. The 18-year-old grew into his game as the year progressed, only dropping below 25 disposals once in his last four NAB League matches.

Soligo is accustomed to hitting the scoreboard too, kicking four goals in seven games.

While Soligo didn’t get the chance to train alongside the likes of Dustin Martin and Dion Prestia, he found even more valuable lessons from the VFL-listed players.

“It was unreal,” he said.

“Playing with AFL players and VFL-listed players as well, you learn a lot off them. I only got to train with the VFL boys, but I learned a lot off Steve Morris.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Phantom Draft had Soligo pegged at pick 30 to Ruchmond
Screenshot_20211125-214711_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t be fooled by Soligo’s stature, for the hard-working on-baller is terrific at the contest and astute at feeding the ball out to his teammates on the outside. The Dromana product, who’s drawn comparisons to Lions star Jarryd Lyons, averaged just 17 disposals from his first three NAB League matches before ramping that up to 27 disposals from his last four matches. Importantly, Soligo kicked three goals from those last four matches and averaged six tackles per match. He also turned heads with some long-range goals representing Vic Metro in Under 19s challenge matches and racked up 17 touches for Richmond’s VFL side in an impressive cameo against the Giants. A chance to sneak into the second round of the draft.

Cal's number 30. Last sentence interesting too:

Jake Soligo
POS:
Midfielder
Ht 180cm, Wt 78kg, DOB 25/1/03
From Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro

A hard-working midfield option who can accumulate the ball, as seen in the NAB League this season when he averaged 23 disposals, including lifting that to 27 across the last three games of his campaign. Some clubs also see the Ranges talent starting his career as a forward option.

If not him? It might depend on how the Tigers' pair of first-round picks go and what they bring in there. If they don't secure a tall early then perhaps Rhett Bazzo would come under consideration, or if they're looking for a similar player to Soligo then Calder Cannons midfielder Zac Taylor could be a chance.

What happened with the trade that got denied by the AFL? Were we selling that pick for an AFLW 2022 pick or something?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dees tried to give us a pick that had been part of a previous trade with them.

Oct 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Everton, NY Yankees
From that video, it looked like the girl on the right of screen - perhaps his sister - was particularly waiting for the Crows selection. I am reading this that we have been quietly into him for a while. I am hoping this means a Ogilvie special!

Back