Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Josh.
Does this mean we don’t need Murphy anymore?
Wouldn't he be a straight up improvement on Rowe? Looks to be a Rowe like player but better in every way.

Just let the guy do his thing in the forward pocket like we let Rowe do, only this guy will actually kick goals. Don't burden him run the defensive pressure role.

Welcome Josh!

My preference was to add that powerful mid with our first pick, but the 2 that would have suited us perfectly were already gone in JHF and Callaghan. So happy we addressed the other glaring need which is a quality small forward/mid with X factor.

Our forward line is really starting to take shape now. We now have 4 first round picks in Thilthorpe, Rachele, Fogarty and McHenry all in there.

Looking forward seeing plenty of highlights from Josh in the future.

Welcome Josh!

My preference was to add that powerful mid with our first pick, but the 2 that would have suited us perfectly were already gone in JHF and Callaghan. So happy we addressed the other glaring need which is a quality small forward/mid with X factor.

Our forward line is really starting to take shape now. We now have 4 first round picks in Thilthorpe, Rachele, Fogarty and McHenry all in there.

Looking forward seeing plenty of highlights from Josh in the future.
If we could add Rankine and or Lukosius to that group plus Cook.. watch out.

Class with a capital ‘C’, the Country co-captain took out the Kevin Sheehan Medal (Division 1 MVP) and his side’s own MVP award with three sensational performances throughout the carnival. His talent can be summed up with one play in Country’s last game against SA, where he instinctively tapped the ball on over his shoulder to Ben Hobbs at full flight who finished the play off with a goal. Does some freakish things and constantly looks a threat around the ball with his agility and ability to break away from congestion, using both to good effect at forward stoppages. Has obvious leadership quality too and really lifted in trying to drag Country over the line in their loss to WA, having 32 disposals, six marks, four breaches of each arc and 0.3. A star in the making.

Probably should have converted at least one though

Is his Victorian wife - daughter of the Lord Mayor of Melbourne - ok with this?

I'm assuming this is a reference I didn't get :p

Good news is that he already knows Parnel, Butts, Murray and Berry

All country boys

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was really nice to hear. Butts and Berry are locks to have AFL careers too, Parnell has some class and Murray couldn't have done much more than he did this year, so hopefully they can stick around for a while and form a tight knit group.

I always feel much better about us drafting Vic Country boys rather than Vic Metro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still hopeful he can turn into a midfielder, or at least someone who has stints in there. Yes, he's a small, but he's not that small. At 180cm he won't be out of place compared to our other mids (Laird 177cm, Schoenberg 180cm, Berry 181cm, Sloane 182cm, Crouch 182cm, Pedlar 183cm, Keays 185cm).

He's actually listed at the exact same height and weight as Schoenberg.

Does anyone know if he has a soccer background? Has anyone asked him yet?

Will be the new Pendlebury.

Commentators will mention it every game he plays for the rest of his career.

We are building a formidable forward line, and if Rochele can move into the mid for some on tilt clearances, I'll be stocked.

What odds on his first kick being a goal?
On tilt? :grimacing:

Anyway, hopefully he rachs 'em up :laughv1:

rach-it-jpg.1286809

I'm assuming this is a reference I didn't get :p
Just that all our Vic draftees seem to arrive already with long term girlfriends who have strong Melbourne ties

We are building a formidable forward line, and if Rochele can move into the mid for some on tilt clearances, I'll be stocked.

What odds on his first kick being a goal?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Sanders said he moves like Didak and I agree

He looks so classy around the footy, has that mix of class and arrogance

Didak was most dangerous when he mixed his time from playing up forward and in the ball.....

Rachele could be the same

I actually think this pock really balances out our list

Berry can bow play more midfield, he doesn't need to play forward and we are not stuck with using the better of either Rowe or Murphy to partner with Ned up forward

The bonus is that both Ned and Rachele can push through the mid that allows mids like Pedlar to push forward as well if needed

This is a great selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back