Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

So people watching him, a good point was made on Crow cast last night, why did he go from go from midfielder in U16 to a small forward in u18?

(Or did he actually play midfield, i don't know hence the question)
He went from a top age U16 player to a bottom age U18. And there are limited spots available in midfield mostly dominated by top Agers in their draft year.
Then for 2 years there’s been COVID…
He’s been an impact player in midfield but has primarily played forward where he has excelled.
Like Stiffy18 says don’t get too hung up on where these guys play U18. He’s top end talent who knows where the goals are.
Great to have him on board.

Well, assuming he hits the ground running so to speak and plays early, with his skillset, he should be a great compliment to Thilthorpe and Fogarty. Immediately we have a lead up forward in Fogarty, a tall marking forward in Thilthorpe and now a smaller evasive crumbing x factor forward in Rachele that should be an upgrade on the players currently there. Fingers cross Gollant comes on and Cook keeps on improving and Mchenry keeps improving and there is a real spread of talent in the forward half with a multipronged attack.

Hopefully it also has the effect of pushing Rowe, McAdam and Newchurch to greater heights as they fight for spots
Rachele is pretty good overhead for his size. The forward line in 3-5 years time looks pretty potent. Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Cook, Rachele, Gollant....that is 5 promising players in the forward half.

Rachele is pretty good overhead for his size. The forward line in 3-5 years time looks pretty potent. Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Cook, Rachele, Gollant....that is 5 promising players in the forward half.
McHenry as the floating high half forward that pushes into the middle, as well

Also think Cook can push higher up the ground potentially

Cook I've got pencilled in for the Lynch role, then taking over Seeds possibly when he's done.

He's one with the highest ceiling I reckon.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember how prime Eddie would squirt through the midfield for a couple of minutes here and there to provide a bit of a different look around the ball? That's what I'd do with Rachele from fairly on in his career, just a cheeky squirt here and there... then build him up slowly but surely from there as his abilities and fitness keep hopefully compounding. So excited about this kid!

Remember how prime Eddie would squirt through the midfield for a couple of minutes here and there to provide a bit of a different look around the ball? That's what I'd do with Rachele from fairly on in his career, just a cheeky squirt here and there... then build him up slowly but surely from there as his abilities and fitness keep hopefully compounding. So excited about this kid!
Doesn't have the Eddie explosiveness. I see him more as a Gray type mix of a forward that goes into the midfield for a squirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure if many people know that Nicksy was a soccer player too and only came to Aussie Rules late.

Well we’re gonna need someone to step up as the next A grade midfielder. Can’t have all our highest rated youngsters as forwards pinch hitting in the middle

When I saw this:-
View attachment 1286874

I thought WOW.

Elite/Elite/Elite/Elite/Elite
Those are delicious stats. Nearly 3 goals per game is exactly the kind of small forward we need. Though I’m actually more impressed with the disposals and score involvement - suggests he’s willing to run all day, and about half his disposals lead to a score. Will be a genuine impact player if he can maintain his current trajectory.

6. Josh Rachele
Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. The powerful small forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to:
Toby Greene

A Toby Greene clone who actually has a decent head on him.

6. Josh Rachele
Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. The powerful small forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to:
Toby Greene

A Toby Greene clone who actually has a decent head on him.
Something that Haggis said struck me.

That he saw Josh playing in a school game inxa young side, and his team were getting bullied a bit.

He took it upon himself to stand up for all his mates as a senior type.

We don't have many players who wanted to do that, it's something Nicks appears to want to instill again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back