Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember how prime Eddie would squirt through the midfield for a couple of minutes here and there to provide a bit of a different look around the ball? That's what I'd do with Rachele from fairly on in his career, just a cheeky squirt here and there... then build him up slowly but surely from there as his abilities and fitness keep hopefully compounding. So excited about this kid!

Remember how prime Eddie would squirt through the midfield for a couple of minutes here and there to provide a bit of a different look around the ball? That's what I'd do with Rachele from fairly on in his career, just a cheeky squirt here and there... then build him up slowly but surely from there as his abilities and fitness keep hopefully compounding. So excited about this kid!
Doesn't have the Eddie explosiveness. I see him more as a Gray type mix of a forward that goes into the midfield for a squirt.

I’m not sure if many people know that Nicksy was a soccer player too and only came to Aussie Rules late.

McHenry as the floating high half forward that pushes into the middle, as well

Also think Cook can push higher up the ground potentially
Well we’re gonna need someone to step up as the next A grade midfielder. Can’t have all our highest rated youngsters as forwards pinch hitting in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw this:-
View attachment 1286874

I thought WOW.

Elite/Elite/Elite/Elite/Elite
Those are delicious stats. Nearly 3 goals per game is exactly the kind of small forward we need. Though I’m actually more impressed with the disposals and score involvement - suggests he’s willing to run all day, and about half his disposals lead to a score. Will be a genuine impact player if he can maintain his current trajectory.

6. Josh Rachele
Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. The powerful small forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to:
Toby Greene

A Toby Greene clone who actually has a decent head on him.

6. Josh Rachele
Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | Forward/Midfielder

11/04/2003 | 180cm | 78kg

NAB League: 4 games | 18.5 disp | 2.7 goals

Rachele is unique in his highlight-reel play combined with best-in-class leadership. The powerful small forward plays above his height with gravity-defying aerial exploits, and weaves his way through trouble with ball in hand to snap freakish goals. He also pushes through the midfield and bursts through packs with serious power. All of that makes him a bonafide top pick, but what solidifies it is his huge character and clubman attitude. He is as likely as anyone in this pool to captain an AFL team.

Best traits similar to:
Toby Greene

A Toby Greene clone who actually has a decent head on him.
Something that Haggis said struck me.

That he saw Josh playing in a school game inxa young side, and his team were getting bullied a bit.

He took it upon himself to stand up for all his mates as a senior type.

We don't have many players who wanted to do that, it's something Nicks appears to want to instill again.

No pressure on him but he needs to be our Robbie Gray, where Port supporters sit there and go "oh ffs, not this guy diddling us in a showdown again"

No pressure on him but he needs to be our Robbie Gray, where Port supporters sit there and go "oh ffs, not this guy diddling us in a showdown again"
I get the feeling that Thilthorpe is going to be one of those guys (he can be our tony lockett physically speaking) when he really gets going..They won't have anyone on their list capable of containing him if he is marking at the highest point and ragdolling their defenders like I think he is going to with an extra preseason or 2

Something that Haggis said struck me.

That he saw Josh playing in a school game inxa young side, and his team were getting bullied a bit.

He took it upon himself to stand up for all his mates as a senior type.

We don't have many players who wanted to do that, it's something Nicks appears to want to instill again.

Him and Ned should have this side of things covered for the next 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back