Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Debut!

Do you think the AFC coaches will pick Luke Nankervis in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Good Pick must have got word another club was going to take him so we had to use the Pre Season draft instead of the rookie draft.

Does that mean he automatically gets a 2 year deal instead of a a one year rookie deal?
This is correct

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Must have, I thought it might have been because we wanted Ned Long as well, round out with another genuine big bodied mid, but alas I suspect we were concerned Collingwood or Essendon (in PSD) may have grabbed him.
I think the Crows were always going to re-rookie Ben Davis and with Hamish saying we'll take 1 or 2 picks, 1 pick would mean our other guy was gone and Davis is the guaranteed pick. Looks like we picked him in pre-season instead just to be sure because why take the risk.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the Crows were always going to re-rookie Ben Davis and with Hamish saying we'll take 1 or 2 picks, 1 pick would mean our other guy was gone and Davis is the guaranteed pick. Looks like we picked him in pre-season instead just to be sure because why take the risk.
Must have been Charlie Dean then?

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
im confused why take him in PSD, did we not have option to take him last night (if we had a list spot available then we would have had the option to use another pick at the end of the draft...)

not a criticism, genuinely interested if anyone knows why we would have risked missing him last night but not wanted to risk missing him in the rookie draft?

im confused why take him in PSD, did we not have option to take him last night (if we had a list spot available then we would have had the option to use another pick at the end of the draft...)

not a criticism, genuinely interested if anyone knows why we would have risked missing him last night but not wanted to risk missing him in the rookie draft?

We had the spots available last night. Seems like the plan was to pick him in the rookie draft, and something spooked us to do it earlier.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I believe Brayden is going to be an elite footballer. Think Stevie Johnson 3 x premiership player elite. If you think he sounds elite I'm all for it!
I am a bit of a Brayden Cook fan.

Looks classy.

If this guy is similar, very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
This is exathe profile of player you take a gamble on with a pick in PSD or RD!

Good size, excellent athletic profile. Will require development but the pay off could be big.

Pretty happy with this pick. Time will tell if it works out but it is exactly the type you take a punt on.

We did it with Butts and its paid off big time for us.

FullyBigKPro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is exathe profile of player you take a gamble on with a pick in PSD or RD!

Good size, excellent athletic profile. Will require development but the pay off could be big.

Pretty happy with this pick. Time will tell if it works out but it is exactly the type you take a punt on.

We did it with Butts and its paid off big time for us.

Much rather we pump a few years in him on our list in place of Davis....:thumbsu:

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
This is excellent.
Haggis obviously has heard the criticism about the smaller blokes, as he couldn't help but mention the heights of everyone taller he has picked up recently :D

Absolutely. I reckon including Murray is a massive stretch too - he was on the list before the the 2021 (*not 2020 🤦‍♂️) season began; he’s part of last year’s intake.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Absolutely. I reckon including Murray is a massive stretch too - he was on the list before the the 2020 season began; he’s part of last year’s intake.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
An exciting player, plenty to work with.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
PMBangers i could be mistaken, but I feel like you might have been a bit of a fan of Nankervis throughout 2021 - anything you can expand on for those of us who have seen pretty limited vision of him?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
PMBangers i could be mistaken, but I feel like you might have been a bit of a fan of Nankervis throughout 2021 - anything you can expand on for those of us who have seen pretty limited vision of him?
Oh me? I did try to keep a lid on all that!

Nah I'm a massive wrap for Nank, and first off the bat what I like about him is his eagerness to get drafted interstate, he actually said he preferred the idea of it! Nank's one of those classic athletic flankers with some midfield potential that gets a lot of watchers excited heading into the draft, whilst his speed may not quite be elite, his agility (especially through traffic) and leap are really exciting, especially when he uses them on the lead. I lvoe how he keeps his hands free in traffic as well, just keeps the ball away from opponents and feeds it out quickly.
But the main POD for Nank in my eyes is his workrate and defensive pressure, he works hard up the ground to lay tackles or apply pressure even when he's positioned as a deep forward, and that's something I rate highly amongst youngsters personally.

Brief draft profile I did for him; https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/luke-nankervis/

Back