Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

I met Aliir once, I was doing boundary riding for NT Thunder games and he was playing in Darwin for the Swans reserves. He dominated at NEAFL level and I interviewed him post-game, incredibly well-spoken and wise young man and I've been a fan of him ever since. So happy he's coming to Port.

Cannot fault our clubs List Mx ATM, incredible work. We had obvious holes in the 24-28 year old age bracket & lacked a KPD, to secure AA with a Future 2nd, & more than likely bag OF with pick 29, is both shrewd & commendable at the same time.

If OF can free up Rozee & Butters to play more MF minutes at the expense of Rocky, we’ll be in a very good position to win some Silverware in 2021.

He's made noises about coming back to Vic and play ammos for at least a season. That doesn't stop him Skyping in, that's never been a problem before.
He wants to play a season to honour his old man doesn't he?

For the first time ever I will have a 2nd team and I think we should make our player sponsorship for that year Travis Boak and pump some $$ into his old man's club.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely great pick up, and for a reasonable price.

I think he will suit our defensive plan very well, and also provide some better rebound than McKenzie and Clurey.

Can also in those deadlock games go forward and provide a different look.

Welcome big guy!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He wants to play a season to honour his old man doesn't he?

For the first time ever I will have a 2nd team and I think we should make our player sponsorship for that year Travis Boak and pump some $$ into his old man's club.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, he does. It's very fitting. And that sounds like a great idea.

How much changes in 12 months.
2019 Howard - I want to play CHB. Port - no, you're a forward, off to StK.
2020 AA - I want to play CHB. Port - We have a CHB vacancy, welcome to Alberton.

Port could/would not match the money offered by St Kilda, for Howard. We could not play Howard in defense, his mind wanders off.....

Now looks like a sound decision by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch 10 in Melbourne had a story about the AA trade. The sports reporter thought that Port picked him up for a bargain price. And that's the view of a neutral.

AA was interviewed too. An impressive and confident speaker. Said all the right things. I can see him doing media work for Port.

Cant say I'm not disappointed about this.

You also now have the "Aliir" song ("Ole").

Anyway, I wish him all the best and I hope he does well for you.
I swear the Port Adelaide cheer squad does the same chant about Ollie Wines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back