Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubling down on the intercept and rebound model of defense. He's tall but he's not gonna be out-bodying Hawkins. So we'll again spend half of 2021 bemoaning the various KPDs we've shipped to St Kilda down the years whenever a tall cracks 2 goals on us.

I love it though.

Who actually outbodies Hawkins though?

Welcome to Port! I should warn you about some strange noises you may hear at home games coming from the western wing when you take intercept marks. First you will hear the call of “A beer, a beer” as my group of friends compulsorily all finish what ever is in their plastic cup.

Then you could hear a chant-

He’s big, he’s stacked
Marks everything down back
Aliir Aliir
Aliir Aliir

Three pages and we don't have a poorly photoshopped picture of Aliir Aliir in a Port shirt yet? What's going on?

Great pickup. Hopefully the final piece in the puzzle for ultimate glory
Kicking more goals is the final piece of the puzzle, not one player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three pages and we don't have a poorly photoshopped picture of Aliir Aliir in a Port shirt yet? What's going on?
1605058537729.jpeg

Great pick up. Definitely fills a need for us.
I wonder if the late paper work lodging that's been reported is because of Hewett. Its been reported Sydney are shopping him so hopefully we tack on a late pick to get him also.
A quick wiki search of Allir shows he is related to Thon Maker and Matur Maker. Matur didn't get drafted in the NBA and is 6'10. Wonder if we'll do what Richmond has done and bring in a players cousin as a Cat B rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back