Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

that looks unnecessarily complicated
Sydney need picks for 2 NGA players. All they had before this trade was 3, 25, 58 and 62 for a likely matching bid at pick 7 and mid 20's. 34+60 in for 58+62 is a 395 pts increase.

They are effectively giving WCE a pick worth the 20% discount pts they will get from the matching bids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think expectations here are possible set a little high but on the other hand Aliir is the 2nd best key defender to move clubs this offseason and has traits that should suit our team well.

Maximum credit to the club for identifying him, selling him the vision and getting the deal done.

I reckon he would be better off taking a gap year to do as he wants before coming back into it with fresh eyes and a little less bias from whatever his preconceived notions might be being right in the thick of it.

the potential is certainly there, i liked him when he was young but i think he has plateaued the last few years, who knows? he might be much better with a solid defence around him

View attachment 1008914
Boaky is always pivotal in these things.

Well done, skip.
And Bobby as well. I knew Aliir was doing community and AFL multicultural stuff in Sydney and knew we would use Bobby to help the club to get him, which was confirmed in that video the club has put out in the last hour or so.

Last edited:
his nickname can be supercat, with his initials being AA and the the Ever Ready AA Battery logo, also i throw back to the original supercat Clive Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back