Toast Welcome Anthony Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anthony Scott is officailly the latest footscray player to be rewarded with a spot at all level following the successes of Gowers, Gardner and Hayes.
Hopefully we plan to play him forward of the ball and not as an extra HB as he was used today.

Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn’t even notice him playing 🤔🤔🤔
I didn’t mind the look of Kellett in the 2’s game though. Keen to follow him on the VFL this year. Cavarra also was handy in that game.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anthony Scott is officailly the latest footscray player to be rewarded with a spot at all level following the successes of Gowers, Gardner and Hayes.
Hopefully we plan to play him forward of the ball and not as an extra HB as he was used today.
Just screams again of picking a player because they play for Footscray. Feels like this was decided weeks/months ago as it can’t be due to today.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So, Bevo's new love child. Going on recent history, will eke out a 20-30 game career over 4-5 seasons, play 1 or 2 modestly passable games, BF posters will be in apoplexy calling for his omission. Welcome Anthony Scott, let's hope today isn't the peak of your AFL career. (Apologies if too negative, but past history with these picks is underwhelming. Hopefully he proves me wrong, plays 200 games, is part of a flag side, and kicks lots of goals.)

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Little bit of negativity on BF today. The practise match loss must've hit hard.
I’m just frustrated that the best our recruiters can come up with is another Footscray player out of the whole available pool. It’s no longer a coincidence with Gowers, Hayes and Gardner preceding. How many other clubs operate this way?

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
I’m just frustrated that the best our recruiters can come up with is another Footscray player out of the whole available pool. It’s no longer a coincidence with Gowers, Hayes and Gardner preceding. How many other clubs operate this way?

I get that, but didn't we know this for ages? We invited the NGA nobody bid on, the F/S nobody bid on, one of our VFL players and a small forward that hasn't actually played as a small forward before. It was always going to be a s**t pick and we picked the lowest risk one. Odds are he'll never play a game, as would none of the others.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I get that, but didn't we know this for ages? We invited the NGA nobody bid on, the F/S nobody bid on, one of our VFL players and a small forward that hasn't actually played as a small forward before. It was always going to be a sh*t pick and we picked the lowest risk one. Odds are he'll never play a game, as would none of the others.
Yep, I’m disappointed that’s the best the recruiting team came up with. 3 of the 4 players invited we knew like the back of our hand.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ryan Gardner breathes a sigh of relief

It must be handy attracting top level talent to Footscray when we have a record of drafting someone each year. Bringing in talent to have around our young and developing players is a good thing, and also has the effect of attracting other experienced and developed players who know Footscray are perennial finalists who regularly have guys drafted by the dogs and others. I think it’s a canny plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geelong have picked up a few from its VFL affiliate. Stewart, Atkins and I think at least one more all got promoted 'from within'.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
VFL career profile...

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 12.21.54 am.png

People were bemoaning us picking a kid called Bontempelli once too. Yes a 25yo VFL player is not the same, but my point is, how about keeping your powder dry until the guy has had a chance to prove himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I understand this view, but a 180cm midfielder is about the last thing our list profile needed.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I understand this view, but a 180cm midfielder is about the last thing our list profile needed.

Yeah definitely don’t dispute that Just like to see us give blokes who pull on the red, white and blue a chance to prove themselves before we write them off. You never know, an injury crisis might hit our 32 other 180cm blokes on the list and Scotty might shine! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back