Universal Love Welcome back, Brendon Bolton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Good news. The old Fagan role? Perfect for Bolts I reckon.

Someone mentioned somewhere he was struggling a bit mentally and might not have even left the house for 6 odd weeks. Could be completely false but I do think he was struggling post sacking. Hopefully he can get the passion for coaching and contribute to another flag in the Brown and Gold.

Its the feeling of being used. Teague apparently has a contract which wasnt offered to Bolts because "its the way of the future"

Karma bus left essendon a couple of years back, but I'm thinking it will arrive at south brunswick sometime soon

Onya Bolts

Got to feel lighter when he wakes up each morning, without that yoke of intergenerational stupidity you wear when coaching at Pig’s arse.

Thanks.

Unless you've copyrighted that expression, I'm borrowing to use for: Carlton, Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond ...

HawkSince2008

Senior List
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Welcome Back Bolts! First Mitchell Lewis (when we traded Mitchell and Lewis), Then Sam Mitchell Back from West Coast, Then Bolton Back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Birdofprey

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Iowa Hawkeyes
Its the feeling of being used. Teague apparently has a contract which wasnt offered to Bolts because "its the way of the future"

Karma bus left essendon a couple of years back, but I'm thinking it will arrive at south brunswick sometime soon

Onya Bolts

True.

I thought the way the support around him just disintegrated, plus the final press conference, was bad enough. You reminded me of that whole "let's put him on salary instead of contract because that's better for everyone" deal.

They are such arseholes at that footy club.

The best thing about this appointment for mine is that we get instant stability with a known quantity.

Bolts isn’t going anywhere else now. He’s tasted the coaching game, and has come home.

It’s his job for as long as he wants it/performs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Good news, glad we got him back before someone else snapped him up. Obviously a good coach despite his results at Carlton. He will have learned soooo much from that experience too.

Excuse my ignorance ... but what exactly does a Director of Coaching do? We didn't have one this year, so it doesn't strike me as a necessary role.

I'm not exactly sure but I think we did suffer from losing Fages. Of all the coaching staff we have lost/had poached over the years I think that was the hardest one to cover. We really didn't play well this year in quite a few games and seemed to have quite a few issues, whether this was due to not having a director of coaching or not I don't know for sure but we definitely performed better in the years that we had one.

What were they?
That Jack was trying to poach HFC staff against his word and an agreement that he would not do such a thing.

May 28, 2005
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
Dear Bolts,

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That Jack was trying to poach HFC staff against his word and an agreement that he would not do such a thing.
Poaching staff while having a non compete clause

Yeah right! I don’t think I had read that.
That would be one part of the band that won’t come back.

Considering Bolts was sacked I suppose there is no no poaching of players & staff clause if there were some favourites of Bolton that could be swayed.

Any chance bolts brings anyone back this way with him? Some of the kids who are not getting a run but might have talent that is being mismanaged?
Who are you thinking?

Isn't Kade Simpson (at 35) their best player?

Any chance bolts brings anyone back this way with him? Some of the kids who are not getting a run but might have talent that is being mismanaged?

Near as I can tell the playing group didn't like him as he wanted them to actually adhere to structure.

Rushed_Behind

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2009
Buying Giraffes!!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where the Carlton board has been misled with the performance of the Teague train is the reliance on their older players.

I’ve heard Murphy interviewed after game and say he’s happy to be playing midfield again. What Bolton was trying to do was develop these players in the ones rather than give them a vfl apprenticeship.

All of their wins on the Teague train it was their 27 year and older brigade in their best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back