Universal Love Welcome back, Brendon Bolton!

Feb 11, 2004
I'm Liv'n in the 70's
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill , BulleenTemp.
Serious Questions

Is Bolts a better coach as a result of his Cartank experience.
Will Clarko's job be easier with Bolts handling a portion of his media commitments. (In the way Fagan used to)
Whats the futures of Damian Carrol, Big Max, Chris Newman, Scott Burns, Adam Yze, Sam Mitchell, Damian Monkhurst and Marco Bello ?

Serious Questions

Is Bolts a better coach as a result of his Cartank experience.
Will Clarko's job be easier with Bolts handling a portion of his media commitments. (In the way Fagan used to)
Whats the futures of Damian Carrol, Big Max, Chris Newman, Scott Burns, Adam Yze, Sam Mitchell, Damian Monkhurst and Marco Bello ?
Bolts will be a better coach and person after the Carlton experience.

Clarko will benefit from having other calm heads around him. Don't know how Bolts compares to Fages though.

Yze will be moving on this year. Max will get another year at BHH. Monky won't be going anywhere.

Carroll, Burns, Newman and Bello likely to stay.

Mitchell ain't going anywhere.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Clarko will benefit from having other calm heads around him. Don't know how Bolts compares to Fages though.

Yze will be moving on this year. Max will get another year at BHH. Monky won't be going anywhere.

I gotta admit I was pretty doubtful about Burns until the last 1/3 of the year. The forward line had not been firing all year. Not just the missed shots but the forwards always seemed to be out of position for the f50 entries that were coming in. But something finally clicked in the last six games and every entry became dangerous. Rather than nerves about a quick and damaging rebound every time a high bomb was heading to the forward line it was nervous anticipation about a potential shot on goal.

So I think Burns came good, I'm glad to say.

matsta1975

All Australian
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs

Yep Yze is moving on alright

Is there something in that? From the outside looking in our assistant couches were not as strong this year
Yze was effectively demoted last year. He was always leaving at the end of 2019.
To be fair, he's been around the club for a very long time and in need of a refresh

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yze was effectively demoted last year. He was always leaving at the end of 2019.
To be fair, he's been around the club for a very long time and in need of a refresh
Normally we are quite strong with the hiring, something clearly has not worked out. Would be great if we could get Lenny Hayes.

Also some coaches instead of couches 🤦‍♂️

Normally we are quite strong with the hiring, something clearly has not worked out. Would be great if we could get Lenny Hayes.

Yze has been a good coach for us for a long time. He joined in 2011 so you don't last that long without doing something right. But perhaps its time for something different for both parties

Hasn't Yze been at The Club since 2012 & an Assistant Coach since 2014?

Why has something clearly not worked out?

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe I am just speculating too much but he was hired and did a great job as a development coach for kicking. Nothing wrong with ambition but his role as head of strategy is changing because we as a club feel we are not getting value, if he was valued we would be doing everything to keep him

Maybe I am just speculating too much but he was hired and did a great job as a development coach for kicking. Nothing wrong with ambition but his role as head of strategy is changing because we as a club feel we are not getting value, if he was valued we would be doing everything to keep him
I'd say you're spot on with the last bit

I gotta admit I was pretty doubtful about Burns until the last 1/3 of the year. The forward line had not been firing all year. Not just the missed shots but the forwards always seemed to be out of position for the f50 entries that were coming in. But something finally clicked in the last six games and every entry became dangerous. Rather than nerves about a quick and damaging rebound every time a high bomb was heading to the forward line it was nervous anticipation about a potential shot on goal.

So I think Burns came good, I'm glad to say.
Strong timeline correlation to when Mitch Lewis and Tim O'Brien started dragging down everything within sight...

m0zza

All Australian
Sep 3, 2008
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where the Carlton board has been misled with the performance of the Teague train is the reliance on their older players.

I’ve heard Murphy interviewed after game and say he’s happy to be playing midfield again. What Bolton was trying to do was develop these players in the ones rather than give them a vfl apprenticeship.

All of their wins on the Teague train it was their 27 year and older brigade in their best.

I have heard this too
Bolts was coaching for development rather than relying on established players, the board decided that they needed to win some games
Apparently, a number of clubs were talking to him before he signed back on

Aug 23, 2009
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have heard this too
Bolts was coaching for development rather than relying on established players, the board decided that they needed to win some games
Apparently, a number of clubs were talking to him before he signed back on

I wonder what impact that ridiculous trade had on this shift

Coathanger

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2006
Cairns
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Yankees,Virginia Cavaliers
So with Yze and Glass gone, and Bolt's supposedly not an assistant coach. We need two new assistants, any ideas who?

So with Yze and Glass gone, and Bolt's supposedly not an assistant coach. We need two new assistants, any ideas who?

Might need more than that - Burns apparently a lock to get the Crows job.

Has been rumblings that we’re into a Sydney based assistant coach.

Back