Coach Craig McRae

Rusty Beam

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like the idea that Gerard Whately suggested we have taken in pursuing ‘a small Collingwood’.

We didn’t go the big name promising quick fixes and instant glory.

I’m very hopeful that McRae builds a culture and level of performance that is long lasting and sustainable.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like the idea that Gerard Whately suggested we have taken in pursuing ‘a small Collingwood’.

We didn’t go the big name promising quick fixes and instant glory.

I’m very hopeful that McRae builds a culture and level of performance that is long lasting and sustainable.
There are two types of sustainable cultures - one is setting the bar lower so it's easier to sustain and the other is building a list psyche that nurtures excellence as a matter of course.
Hope and expect it will be the second.

"Those Lions sides that you played with were ruthless. Is there an aspect of that in your coaching?"

"Yes"

That was the most important answer he gave in his presser.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
fly.PNG

McRae reminds me of Tom Hafey in his down to earth way he comes across when speaking, both in his press conference on his appointment and his interview on SEN. I could listen to him for hours talking about his life.
Bucks downfall with me, and I did like him as a person, is that he sounded like Dr Phil.
All the best to Fly, I have a good feeling about this appointment.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
McRae reminds me of Tom Hafey in his down to earth way he comes across when speaking, both in his press conference on his appointment and his interview on SEN. I could listen to him for hours talking about his life.
Bucks downfall with me, and I did like him as a person, is that he sounded like Dr Phil.
All the best to Fly, I have a good feeling about this appointment.
Would be a good life coach

Toecrusher

All Australian
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No doubt in my mind he'll be a great coach (or a good salesman).
He's saying exacting what I want to hear.

Too be honest, some of what he says is very refreshing, particularly regarding his choice of assistants being unlike himself.

Hopefully Lyon pulling out of the Carlton job doesn't see a repeat of 2012 where our preferred assistants (Watters, Neeld, Sanderson) got senior gigs. Think it's important for rookie coaches to have the people they want around them.

Hopefully Lyon pulling out of the Carlton job doesn't see a repeat of 2012 where our preferred assistants (Watters, Neeld, Sanderson) got senior gigs. Think it's important for rookie coaches to have the people they want around them.

Leppitsch could be in doubt?

Dilemma: what is the preferred outcome? Us losing one of Fly’s preferred assistants OR enjoying the spectacle at Carlton, as they flounder and flop around, trying to land a proper coach. It’s a hard choice.😝

Dilemma: what is the preferred outcome? Us losing one of Fly’s preferred assistants OR enjoying the spectacle at Carlton, as they flounder and flop around, trying to land a proper coach. It’s a hard choice.😝
Voss or Scott will do the blues nicely.

NMBB

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

Think Leppa has settled for not being head coach - my bet is he would far prefer assistant gig with McRae than going anywhere near the sh*t pit that is Carlton.

zhoung

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Lyon pulling out means the process will take longer for them, this could mean top assistants are all gone by the time the new coach is appointed.
Oh yeah Banger and Sanderson are at home on the Xbox, let’s give them a call 😂

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Very happy with this appointment and even happier that they seemed to go through a really thorough and vigorous process to get there.

If we can surround him with Leppa, Tapping & Bolton (and Skipworth staying) that would be a great reset.

Time to "Fly" Magpies!

JM#1

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy with his appointment. I get the feeling he's not one to be in denial about just how poorly skilled the team is.

Back