Make me an Admin!
Jun 4, 2006
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
Eddie came back yesterday.
Last night was the first night in weeks I got more than four hours sleep.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
Damn, this has made you a happy chicken. Eddie's resilience and the fact he rarely if ever gets injured means he could play as long as Simmo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrsEddieBetts

Mumma Mebbie
Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn, this has made you a happy chicken. Eddie's resilience and the fact he rarely if ever gets injured means he could play as long as Simmo.
I can’t remember the last time my football pickle was so tickled. I didn’t even watch some games this year, now I’m excited to actually go to a game.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
100%, Shithouse I would suggest is the most hated coach in our clubs modern history at a minimum. Just an arrogant disgrace of a human.
And the f***er tried to hold the club to ransom in extending his contract , relised it wasn't going to happen, made a prick of himself to get himself sacked during the season the selfish old fu**.
fu** off Mick , Eddie is back where he belongs..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COBALT BLUE

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
team yamaha
Betts- welcome back you legend
Papley
Martin
Teague has a knack for competitiveness...we have already seen some of that,he is interested in success and the way to getting to that and propbably gong on from there.

2020 could see a purple patch top eight....the ingredients seem there
We will have game changers and winners who lust wins
Game changers
Kreuzer
Murphy
Walsh
C.Curnow
Betts
Papley

Martin is potentially a mid rotating forward ....who needs to work
get him workingon a specific role and our mid depth actually begings to have depth

Then get used to Teague....inventing even better ways to improve on top of wins

COBALT BLUE

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
team yamaha
Eddie... 🤘

his 2019 stats were ok...did not kick a lots of goals however

He might fire up again at CFC.....will be play all games in 2020?
Can we get 40 goals out of him ?
Can we use him for another 3 yrs ?
Obviously short term this was good...
It has to Gel and the Board have to make it work and set Eddie up for impact...
i hope it works out?
No guarantee
at all

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
I'm sure Eddie will kick a few goals, he might have lost a bit of ability in that department and the forward pressure department but the biggest area where he might have value is offering voice and direction.

We've got a really talented yet very inexperienced forward line and getting blokes in the right position and getting them to go at the right time are always going to be problems. I reckon there have been so many times where our forwards haven't been in great position. Things certainly got better with Teague coaching.

I'm hoping that Betts will provide plenty of voice and direction out there when it comes to setting up the forwards. If he does this well we're going to see a lift in output from guys like Martin, Cuningham, McKay, McGovern, Silvagni and Curnow. If we can get them in a more dangerous position and doing the things at the right time then that's going to go a long way.

Might be a bit of a different role for Betts but it could be a good avenue into coaching. He's been around a long time and been a smart forward for a long time he knows his stuff and has good instinct and match awareness and I am hoping this will translate and rubb of on building this with our other players.

Top Bottom