Past 19. Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is an absolute freak or a magician if you like on the field. Off the field he is humble, courteous and just a ripper family man. Masterful move CFC, he is sure to be a terrific role-model and friend to all our indigenous boy's in particular. What better way to bring out the very best of Jack Martin and Samo is going to love him as well. Bring on round 1, i can hardly wait.

Well, looks like he is about to come back

I'd like to thank Soapy V who said this would never happen.

Going to be fun having Eddie back

To be fair, SOS wasn't going to do this. Teague made it happen. Early days, the word around the club was no.

Things change and you know that.

To be fair, SOS wasn't going to do this. Teague made it happen. Early days, the word around the club was no.

Things change and you know that.

To be fair, he said it would never happen and for me to move on.. .

How would you expect someone to react?

Was pretty shattered when he left us but stoked he is finally back home. I've been impatiently waiting for the news of an official trade and it finally happened today.

Can't wait to see him tear it up in the Navy blue..or for the roar of the crowd when he puts it straight through the middle from an impossible angle

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have, in my house, a bottle of scotch. It is, as I have labelled it, my 'end of the world' bottle.

See, while I haven't sworn off the grog, I'm certainly cutting back. I'll have a beer often, but that's a social drink for me. Scotch is something to be appreciated, something to enjoy, a drink to celebrate. You know precisely who and what you are with a good scotch. You inhale it, savour it, then you drink it.

In an ironic turn of events, Malthouse - may ruin forever follow him - was absolutely right; you do not pay that much for a small forward. He left to go to Adelaide because we refused to cough up the extra 50 thousand dollars. He never wanted to leave. And now, having fallen from their pedestal, by their own doing, by their pride and their nepotism, he made the only choice, the right choice. Reid has returned him to us, paying some of the exorbitant contract they gave to lure him from us, and I live to see Carlton reborn.

I opened that bottle tonight. Welcome back Eddie. You never should have left, and that you have returned is the culmination of this year in minute. This has been a year of precipitous lows and riotous highs, a year in which we demonstrated our growth and a year in which we observed thoroughly how far we have to go.

If the world ends, to hell with it. Eddie is back in blue.

To be fair, he said it would never happen and for me to move on.. .

How would you expect someone to react?

Fair but we're not much for pointscoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty cut up when Eddie came over here to Adelaide six years ago, but since then have seen up close how much of a champion this guy really is.

Just last month he was at the Royal Adelaide Show signing his books and greeting all the kids and taking photos with each and every one of them.

My eldest is a Crows boy and has the Eddie Betts doll that he sleeps with. He cried when he first heard the news that Eddie was coming home, but in a nice turn of events he’s warming up to the Blues being his ‘equal favourite team’.

I’m pretty confident that by this time next year he’ll be #BoundByBlue thanks to Eddie Betts’ exploits.

Happy days!

Dear Eddie
Now that you are back home in the Carlton stables,
we have mucked out your stall and polished the number 19 brass plate on the door.
I took a little collection up and Carrots organised a welcome wagon.
The filly in the support pony wing hasn't stopped sobbing.
Her husband is a bit jealous but she insists she just stubbed her hoof.
Eddie, you are part of our heart and soul here.
We were a little less without you.
We loved you while you were away. We watched and cheered for you. Our hearts were full, but sad.
Now that you are home, everything is right again.
The sprinters have a spring in their step,
the endurance ponies are content, and the jumpers have stopped taking nips at everyone who walks past them.
Love you Ed.
See you around the track.

Last edited:
I look forward to see exactly what impact Betts will have for and upon the club and its supporters.

1.We'll never know exactly how many 'reluctant' and new members will sign-on for Betts coming on board, but there will be numbers.
The marketing will be interesting but all being well, not too Eddie-centric.
2. Gate receipts - Again we won't know for sure but people will come through to have a look.
3. Merchandise - This will be somewhat easier to gauge.

In all, how much will the CFC benefit next year having Betts. My guess would be about 3 - 400K. Too much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back