Past 19. Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts- welcome back you legend
Papley
Martin
Teague has a knack for competitiveness...we have already seen some of that,he is interested in success and the way to getting to that and propbably gong on from there.

2020 could see a purple patch top eight....the ingredients seem there
We will have game changers and winners who lust wins
Game changers
Kreuzer
Murphy
Walsh
C.Curnow
Betts
Papley

Martin is potentially a mid rotating forward ....who needs to work
get him workingon a specific role and our mid depth actually begings to have depth

Then get used to Teague....inventing even better ways to improve on top of wins

Love this pic ...

ed603f3e9c5b12e06cca59f5dbe4bfd7

Giant weight off Eddie's shoulders you'd reckon. Back home where it all began, as well as away from all the Crows camp nonsense etc, exciting list to be working with. Teague of course too.

Welcome back you wonderful little man.

Eddie... 🤘

his 2019 stats were ok...did not kick a lots of goals however

He might fire up again at CFC.....will be play all games in 2020?
Can we get 40 goals out of him ?
Can we use him for another 3 yrs ?
Obviously short term this was good...
It has to Gel and the Board have to make it work and set Eddie up for impact...
i hope it works out?
No guarantee
at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Eddie will kick a few goals, he might have lost a bit of ability in that department and the forward pressure department but the biggest area where he might have value is offering voice and direction.

We've got a really talented yet very inexperienced forward line and getting blokes in the right position and getting them to go at the right time are always going to be problems. I reckon there have been so many times where our forwards haven't been in great position. Things certainly got better with Teague coaching.

I'm hoping that Betts will provide plenty of voice and direction out there when it comes to setting up the forwards. If he does this well we're going to see a lift in output from guys like Martin, Cuningham, McKay, McGovern, Silvagni and Curnow. If we can get them in a more dangerous position and doing the things at the right time then that's going to go a long way.

Might be a bit of a different role for Betts but it could be a good avenue into coaching. He's been around a long time and been a smart forward for a long time he knows his stuff and has good instinct and match awareness and I am hoping this will translate and rubb of on building this with our other players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back