Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was a steal at 60. I have no idea why he wasn’t in first round contention- composed, quick- AFL traits. I haven’t seen Wanganeen-Milera do that much more than Jase- they are similar players who ended up at opposite ends of the draft.
Exactly my thoughts.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I haven't followed his pre-draft stuff very much but I really like that highlights vid. He appears to have the quality of being fast without looking like he's moving fast, if that makes sense. He seems to maintain a lot of control and is able to execute skills while running too fast to be chased down by tacklers. Awareness and composure seems really good as well. Very excited by him! Definitely a bit of his dad in how he moves.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I haven't followed his pre-draft stuff very much but I really like that highlights vid. He appears to have the quality of being fast without looking like he's moving fast, if that makes sense. He seems to maintain a lot of control and is able to execute skills while running too fast to be chased down by tacklers. Awareness and composure seems really good as well. Very excited by him! Definitely a bit of his dad in how he moves.
When he runs I see his father Peter, and a bit of his uncle too, I have high hopes for him!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
DEB1C49A-80EC-4126-A314-F5495AE440B2.jpeg

all seeing eye

exquirentibus veritatem
Nov 26, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This kid hasn't even had to get out of 2nd gear for most of the year. Will be interesting to see whats he can really do with a big pre-season and the extra pressure that comes with the next levels.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This kid hasn't even had to get out of 2nd gear for most of the year. Will be interesting to see whats he can really do with a big pre-season and the extra pressure that comes with the next levels.

He should have been playing league all year for the Magpies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters and Pepper

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Peter Burgoyne is (former poster known as) nitwirri, confirmed.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Needs to put on size but should be a handy outside mid/HFF. I like his overhead marking ability - impressive for someone his size.

Talent is there, just needs to develop over the next 12-18 months and see where it goes from there.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Needs to put on size but should be a handy outside mid/HFF. I like his overhead marking ability - impressive for someone his size.

Talent is there, just needs to develop over the next 12-18 months and see where it goes from there.
I think he has has the potential to be an inside/hybrid mid once he fills out.

He is already excellent at using his light frame in a contest

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Obvious talent sooo will he grasp the opportunity and move forward to his AFL dream?

Well just as a donkey with a carrot in front and a stick behind always moves forward so should Jase. The carrot is the riches and kudos of a

successful career in footy. The stick... whatever happened to see Trent delisted.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Obvious talent sooo will he grasp the opportunity and move forward to his AFL dream?

Well just as a donkey with a carrot in front and a stick behind always moves forward so should Jase. The carrot is the riches and kudos of a

successful career in footy. The stick... whatever happened to see Trent delisted.

The stick is Jase's (current) physique ;)

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jase has aa little bit of take no sh*t attitude too, which you like in a defender.

In fairness to him I haven’t seen him play outside of his highlights but I am somewhat surprised by that.

In many of his media appearances I’ve seen and again in his video when he was drafted he comes across very laconic and reasonably uncomfortable. I was more so concerned that he wouldn’t have that edge needed to be a demanding or strong player but that may also have simply been due to nerves.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I think he has has the potential to be an inside/hybrid mid once he fills out.

He is already excellent at using his light frame in a contest

Yeah for a light on lad he knows how to position his body in a contest well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back