Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennie the Nurse

Senior List
Dec 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Club with Jase Burgoyne on board were probably not really desperate for Wanganeen-Milera as they appear very much like the same player……. I watched Jase play in the Thebarton Oval game against WA and as an outside mid-fielder he can accumulate very quickly. He will need to build up his body to help win his own ball and assist in his defensive game.……. but in one quarter he amassed 10 possessions without raising a sweat……. Jase can attract the haggot.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Wanganeen-Milera comparison is a bit off imo NWM seems to have more x-factor to me & the stop prop fancy footwork thing in traffic, Jase has a smoothness about him which I like but I can see why Wanganeen-Milera went first round.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
The Wanganeen-Milera comparison is a bit off imo NWM seems to have more x-factor to me & the stop prop fancy footwork thing in traffic, Jase has a smoothness about him which I like but I can see why Wanganeen-Milera went first round.
I've only seen their highlight vids but pick 11 compared to 60 is a huge gap. On the value for money scale, we done good.

NWM might make it but Kysaiah Pickett at 13 wow. At the time I thought it was overs but sheesh how wrong was I. Would love to have got him.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
We might down the track I reckon, he's got mates at the club.
Gaw I hope so, the way he softened up some of the Dogs mids early in the GF was pretty important. Back to Jase, in 2/3yrs and 15kgs he's gunna

want to be better than NWM just out of pride. At pick 60 we can afford to wait whereas the Saints will want a return on their pick 11 pretty quickly.

How NWM's frame holds up to AFL in his early days might have long term consequences. Pickett's solid build is why I like him so much.

Wonder if we'll ever find out if we told him to take it easy in games to make it easier to draft him.

Doubt we did. Relationship was clearly a bit frosty for most of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So he’s already past Rozee in the contested stakes?
Past?

He was probably always in front TBH.

We could play him now as a small pressure forward.

He doesn't seem like a goal kicker but then neither does Jed McEntee.

Whether playing AFL but as a small forward or SANFL further up the ground is better for his development, who knows.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I liked what i saw last night the potential is definitely there, for the good of humanity please change the coach i want to see this guy go all the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back