News Welcome back Geoff Morris

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finbarr

Premium Platinum
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for that I see the connection now. It isn't about what Stewie Dew is but what Hinkley isn't. That said, I reckon if you asked Jonas or Wines how they felt about Ken Hinkley they would paint him as one of the new breed.

And the mounting plethora of players placed in the too hard basket or traded out the door would say he isn’t.

The words “I’ve had enough of his bullshit” Hinkley is reported to have spoken about Chad Wingard rings loud in my ears.

I heard an interview with Darren Burgess yesterday morning, and he was asked about the rotating of players on and off the ground during matches. He said at Port it was largely a decision left to the player when he felt he needed a rest.
“It sometimes proved a problem at Port with certain players. Chad Wingard, Robbie Gray, and Kane Cornes never wanted to leave the ground, and would have stayed out there unless you forced them to come off”.
So in Hinkley’s time Wingard went from never wanting to leave the field, to a “cancer” who lost the motivation and love of playing football. Damning on Hinkley and the other coaches.

Butters Made Me Do It

secretly Portia, ssh
Mar 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Social Club
“It sometimes proved a problem at Port with certain players. Chad Wingard, Robbie Gray, and Kane Cornes never wanted to leave the ground, and would have stayed out there unless you forced them to come off”.
That certainly explains the volume of low impact football from Kane

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Darren but I'm not convinced on his program, I suspect he burns out players. Aka called it years ago
The problem was more the related lack of value placed on size/strength. Even now, the club just put up today pictures of players in the gym and they are (as always for Port it seems) undersized and weak compared to almost any other clubs.

Janey

Premium Platinum
Aug 16, 2009
Out to Lunch
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The problem was more the related lack of value placed on size/strength. Even now, the club just put up today pictures of players in the gym and they are (as always for Port it seems) undersized and weak compared to almost any other clubs.
Not to disagree, but weren't those players just the young kids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom