News Welcome back Geoff Morris

Great appointment, the negative talk really is boring people, Ken isn't going anywhere yet - but will - enjoy some terrific news for a change, cripes, feel positive!

Excellent appointment. Elephant in room still in room.

He just needs a little help with direction

1573014240720.png

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

THE Port Adelaide Football Club is pleased to welcome Geoff Morris back to the club as a development coach ahead of the 2020 AFL Premiership Season.
Morris left Port Adelaide at the end of 2006, having been an assistant coach to Mark Williams and part of the coaching set-up that won the 2004 AFL premiership. He has spent the past 13 years at Hawthorn, first as a development coach and then as part of the Hawks’ recruiting team.

Most recently Morris has overseen Hawthorn’s recruiting from zones west of Victoria from his base in Adelaide.

Woweee .. well done Port. Two bits of good news in the one day.
Hopefully now the development of our younguns will soar
And FFS could you give the Hinkley bashing a rest in at least one thread. It’s getting monotonous. Just celebrate the appointment

Last edited:
And FFS could you give the Hinkley bashing a rest in at least one thread. It’s getting monotonous. Just celebrate the appointment
i think you’ve made this post in every thread

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i think you’ve made this post in every thread
Because every thread repeats the same stuff ad infinitum. Are we not allowed to celebrate any announcement for it’s own worth without the constant Ken hating again and again. He is here for this season. It is a done deal. We are stuck with him. Everyone has made their feeling abundantly clear and there is a sack Hinkley thread already .

Because every thread repeats the same stuff ad infinitum. Are we not allowed to celebrate any announcement for it’s own worth without the constant Ken hating again and again. He is here for this season. It is a done deal. We are stuck with him. Everyone has made their feeling abundantly clear and there is a sack Hinkley thread already .
i just wonder what you think making the same comment in every thread adds further. if anything it seems quite often to be a prompt for more sack Ken posts.

(PS. Sack Ken)

i just wonder what you think making the same comment in every thread adds further. if anything it seems quite often to be a prompt for more sack Ken posts.

(PS. Sack Ken)

OGC makes a valid point.

PS Sack Ken

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because every thread repeats the same stuff ad infinitum. Are we not allowed to celebrate any announcement for it’s own worth without the constant Ken hating again and again. He is here for another 1 -2 seasons. It is a done deal. We are stuck with him. Everyone has made their feeling abundantly clear and there is a sack Hinkley thread already .
FTFY. 10 year coach remember.

He's going to be allowed to collect the container deposit on Hinkley's Coke Zero cans.

Making him the highest paid assistant coach in the league.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
He's going to be allowed to collect the container deposit on Hinkley's Coke Zero cans.
Reminds me of 1979 while working at Moomba I heard a story that SANTOS were approached to sponsor a wannabe

Miss Sth Aust contestant (in those days it was won by who raised the most money). Of course you had to be easy on the eye too.

A SANTOS rep told her that she could have all of Moomba's empty cans/bottles which she politely declined.

Who knows maybe she saw it as beneath her, anyway in saying no she said goodbye to roughly 40k which in '79 would have

won her a car, an around the world trip, complete wardrobe make-over modelling contract and of course the Miss SA title.

Factoring in inflation then your idea ^ will see Geoff Morris on very very good coin.

None of ^ is relevant but reading BF lately is doing my head in and I think I'm losing it.

What's the other bit of good news?

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

this is all I could think of when I heard it.

Hopefully he can experience premiership success with us again here soon.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reminds me of 1979 while working at Moomba I heard a story that SANTOS were approached to sponsor a wannabe

Miss Sth Aust contestant (in those days it was won by who raised the most money). Of course you had to be easy on the eye too.

A SANTOS rep told her that she could have all of Moomba's empty cans/bottles which she politely declined.

Who knows maybe she saw it as beneath her, anyway in saying no she said goodbye to roughly 40k which in '79 would have

won her a car, an around the world trip, complete wardrobe make-over modelling contract and of course the Miss SA title.

Factoring in inflation then your idea ^ will see Geoff Morris on very very good coin.

None of ^ is relevant but reading BF lately is doing my head in and I think I'm losing it.

s**t, Byron, there’s a fair chance you bumped into my old man and (maybe) my brothers.

At least one of our mob has been up there since 1969.

Hell, my brother is still up there. He’ll probably die up there.

If it was during Cooper’s Cup, she could’ve bought the whole goddamn state, lol...

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
... Are we not allowed to celebrate any announcement for it’s own worth without the constant Ken hating again and again. ....
The apointment of a new development coach is closely linked to the senior/head coach. A development coach would take directions from the senior coach. So while it is great to have a quality person like Geoff Morris back at Alberton any celebrations are tempered by the fact that the senior coach setting the coaching agenda is not up to the task.

I don't hate Hinkley but I hate what he is doing to my club.

Back