Universal Love WELCOME BACK KEN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's happening guys. Kenny Hinkley is coming back to the Gold Coast and will be our senior coach in 2018. I want to be the first to say welcome back and thank you for taking the steps you took to help us in our time of need.

I'm excited for where we are heading now! Who's with me?

Started out with a bang!

The more I think about this the more I am convinced it won't happen

If you were Ken would you

1. walk out on the HOPE that the Suns will grab you?
2. Have a radio interview and say you want out, again without a guarantee

No chance, I think he may very well want the job but with Port likely to put an extension in front of him quickly he is playing a game to up his price.

I gues we will find out soon enough

Do we have a backfired tag in this forum?

Our management, even with Evans is a complete rabble, our club is nothing more than being used as leverage by all and sundry to get themselves better deals.

Already scared off Dew because of all this.

Cricket season can't come quick enough.

Do we have a backfired tag in this forum?

Our management, even with Evans is a complete rabble, our club is nothing more than being used as leverage by all and sundry to get themselves better deals.

Already scared off Dew because of all this.

Cricket season can't come quick enough.

Our club hasn't really done anything wrong here to be honest, all we have done is make a phone call to sound out interest of Hinkley among all other decent coaches currently at other clubs, if he didn't do this we wouldn't be going through the correct process of finding the best coach for our club. Kens Manager is the one who has made this a circus to drive up Kens contract extension with Port which has clearly worked!

Dew hasn't pulled our completely all he has done is put off his interview until after the media circus stopped regarding Ken Hinkley. With the Hinkley drama hopefully put to bed this afternoon on 5AA in Kens radio interview we can get on with the interviews of Barker, Dew and whoever we have short listed for the job.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club hasn't really done anything wrong here to be honest, all we have done is make a phone call to sound out interest of Hinkley among all other decent coaches currently at other clubs, if he didn't do this we wouldn't be going through the correct process of finding the best coach for our club.

Dew hasn't pulled our completely all he has done is put off his interview until after the media circus stopped regarding Ken Hinkley. With the Hinkley drama hopefully put to bed this afternoon on 5AA in Kens radio interview we can get on with the interviews of Barker, Dew and whoever we have short listed for the job.

dew actually never pulled out of an interview let alone the race for the job that was just Barrett opinion on the Sunday footy show and 99.9% of the time his opinion is wrong

dew actually never pulled out of an interview let alone the race for the job that was just Barrett opinion on the Sunday footy show and 99.9% of the time his opinion is wrong

Yea he deff hasn't pulled out of the race for the GC gig. Senior officials at the swans were asked this morning if Dew had informed them he was now pulling out of the race which they had no such indications from Dew and he was firmly still part of the process.

Yea he deff hasn't pulled out of the race for the GC gig. Senior officials at the swans were asked this morning if Dew had informed them he was now pulling out of the race which they had no such indications from Dew and he was firmly still part of the process.

Good Dew would be good.
So glad Hinkley is staying at Port. Firstly he's contracted and that would be very poor form. Secondly he was part of the diabolical set-up at the Suns.
If you read the Port forums there's some very knowledgeable posters who give his Coaching a decent hammering. In particular a very poor record against top 8 teams.

nice thread, GC2015 :)
really do think we should have a backfired thread tag, kreglze. might need it come the actual trade period!

based on the couple articles floating around suggesting hinkley has re-signed, we'll lock this one up for now.
on the off chance he changes his mind, we'll reopen it. all coach speculation talk to continue in the other thread for now.

swnRdgI.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back