Toast Welcome back, Rough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if anyone saw Air by Ben Affleck last year, but Roughy seems like he could be the type of person whose role aligns with Matt Damon's Sonny Vaccaro. Will be easy to see if he can help us land some big fish in the next few years or not

Great movie. Recommend it a lot.

Don't know if anyone saw Air by Ben Affleck last year, but Roughy seems like he could be the type of person whose role aligns with Matt Damon's Sonny Vaccaro. Will be easy to see if he can help us land some big fish in the next few years or not
Extract from the below article:

"Jarryd’s recent appointment will allow Mark McKenzie to have a more targeted involvement and engagement in recruiting talent through the national draft, while also continuing to have the responsibility of contracting players"

So pretty much what I was thinking all along. Roughies appointment will allow MM do what he does good and that is scouring the country for kids for the draft.

Extract from the below article:

"Jarryd’s recent appointment will allow Mark McKenzie to have a more targeted involvement and engagement in recruiting talent through the national draft, while also continuing to have the responsibility of contracting players"

So pretty much what I was thinking all along. Roughies appointment will allow MM do what he does good and that is scouring the country for kids for the draft.

Love that we've identified we need to beef up the list management area and will see further additions/investments over the next 12 months

exciting

Love that we've identified we need to beef up the list management area and will see further additions/investments over the next 12 months

exciting
No pressure Roughie but the Hawks BigFooty FA + Trade Thread now needs you to deliver so we can all stop bickering with each other about who and why we missed out on 😂

Nothing will stop that.
Unless we get everyone…

Think About It GIF by Identity

Picking up on things from afar, I always got a sense that Roughy and Jordan Lewis were somewhat aligned with Jeff during the recent history of conflict at the club.

Roughy returning is great for bringing the club back together - and a direct line to Lewis, Buddy, Hodge... Credit to Andy Gowers who has been great so far at repairing some the damage and divides that Jeff created.

I imagine that Roughead will be spending a lot of time with player managers, idientying players who might be interested in a move and the kind of deal they might be looking for. This will generate a decent list that can be mapped onto our needs and salary cap. I imagine that Roughead, Mackenzie and Mitchell will then generate a shortlist of players that Roughead will spend time with, introduce to players and coaches, show around the facilities etc.

It is a lot of work and I am glad that we are allocating some serious resource to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughy & the list management team are all 'non-footy' when it comes to Footy Dept. Spend, right?
I would expect list management is definitely footy department.

Marketing, admin, membership, etc would probably not be.

I would expect list management is definitely footy department.

Marketing, admin, membership, etc would probably not be.
I was hoping that Footy Dept. was Coaches etc.

Roughy to Head of Marketing?

Two takeaways:

1) Love that even post-playing Rough manages to stick up the finger to Bombers and Cats.

2) Will be interesting to watch the correlation between Rough joining the recruiting team, and RoughandLove in the trade threads - Perhaps the enigma is solved!

Anyone know whether Roughy's new job in list management precludes him from mentoring some of our forwards from time to time? Just not sure about how strict the boundaries are.
And Rocket having a break from his admin job and getting some fresh air out on the training oval? :)

It is a lot of work and I am glad that we are allocating some serious resource to it.
It’s accepting of the inevitable - that midseason player movement is going to go through the roof in the next few years.

So if there are handy players who want to move, who can fill a need at the Hawks, at relatively short notice, Roughy is the designated guy to sound them out and try to get them across in the middle of the season.

Smart move

It’s accepting of the inevitable - that midseason player movement is going to go through the roof in the next few years.

So if there are handy players who want to move, who can fill a need at the Hawks, at relatively short notice, Roughy is the designated guy to sound them out and try to get them across in the middle of the season.

Smart move
Spot on when you look at it like that Hedge. Good post 👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back