Universal Love Welcome back Sam Mitchell! Signs as an assistant coach for three years

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Sammy won't be coaching Box Hill despite many predicting that, does this mean he'll be taking charge of our midfield in place of Ratten?

It's already been announced that Max Bailey will be Box Hill Hawks coach, you would think/hope Mitchell will be coaching the midfield group... :thumbsu:

I got a twitter alert on my phone which looked like an official Sam Mitchell announcement only to find the tweet had been promptly deleted

Yes I saw the tweet, deleted in seconds. The link went to a dead page, so maybe they are trying to fix? Either that or someone has an itchy twitter finger!

It said Mitchell coning back as an assistant coach (obvs)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderful news. Sam is one of the most talented and hard working players I've seen in my 42 years of supporting the Mighty Hawks.

His vision and ability to read the play is second to none.

Very proud to have Sam's #5 on my Hawthorn jumper.

Welcome home, young man! :thumbsu::D:heart:

Make no mistake. This is massive.

Keen to see now who we replace Jack with.

I would think that there's an inhouse option that the Hawks will take to replace Russell.

It's a Murdoch rag so I won't read it even when it's free! ;)

You guys might end up with two generational coaches back to back if he takes over from Clarko eventually. Really helped turn our midfield into a weapon this year, don’t think we would have won the flag minus Gaff and NN without him behind the wheel.

Sucks to lose him mid contract but as he said “Perth is a great place, but it became apparent that with the heavy travel commitments, and living in an isolated city away from our support network, was not conducive with a young family.”

That’s just the reality of life sometimes, almost every club would do the same to a player or coach who wanted to go back home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back