Welcome Welcome back to Carlton Tim Clarke - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say this excites me, here is hoping he was the key to AA cripps and we get him back again for 2022 though.

Yup also very valid. I actually didn't say anything negative about the signing and wish him all the best.

I'm glad we have an experienced coach who has familiarity with some of our players but also a taste of how other clubs do it.

I also think for the personnel they have, GCS midfield functioned very well, their 2021 season as a whole was underrated.

I was just calling out the snide remarks from that flog who insinuated people can't have an opinion because they weren't on the GCS staff. Give us a break!
Its an interesting one...No Luke Power reshuffle into midfield or right handman role to Voss...?
Tim Clarke obviously was processed as well,and ticks all of the boxes...the guy looks professional and wish him luck in driving the mid works with Voss
The Suns are underrated and also had a injury ridden 2021 season,and were up and down and over the place,not a lot unlike the Carlton 2021 season
What has been churned trough a few remarks about the changes that need to come to Carlton....could mean stepping back into the clubs old shoes...and that might not be so easy
Soul search for team devotion,blindness to the cause,committed to the focus and train to the bone....Voss hopefully can blow away some of the cobwebs and really get them focused on that footy....if we had 22 Walshes it would be a foregone conclusion....train hard,be the fittest and strongest...never any doubt

Last edited:
Gerard Healy on 3AW just said Tim Clarke is a huge pickup - very highly rated in the industry.
But Gerard Healy is an anti-Carlton, media flog? Suddenly this post has a dozen likes? Confusing.....

Its an interesting one...No Luke Power reshuffle into midfield or right handman role to Voss...?
Tim Clarke obviously was processed as well,and ticks all of the boxes...the guy looks professional and wish him luck in driving the mid works with Voss
The Suns are underrated and also had a injury ridden 2021 season,and were up and down and over the place,not a lot unlike the Carlton 2021 season
What has been churned trough a few remarks about the changes that need to come to Carlton....could mean stepping back into the clubs old shoes...and that might not be so easy
Soul search for team devotion,blindness to the cause,committed to the focus and train to the bone....Voss hopefully can blow away some of the cobwebs and really get them focused on that footy....if we had 22 Walshes it would be a foregone conclusion....train hard,be the fittest and strongest...never any doubt

Luke Power has made it clear that his personal interest is in player developemnt - that is what he likes doing. The interview is on the Carlton web site and was posted quite a few months back. The Club needs to invest as much in VFL development as coaching AFL - only when VFL is performing can you expect sustainable AFL success - only when players have a development regime can you expect draft picks to deliver. The reason why Sydney produces good players from low draft picks is exactly that - no magic - just hard thoughtful work into young kids.

But Gerard Healy is an anti-Carlton, media flog? Suddenly this post has a dozen likes? Confusing.....

I know but suddenly seems to have changed his tune a bit.

Same as Kane Cornes - when he said, of the AFL teams on the up, he'd like to be coaching Carlton - I nearly drove off the road (Note: I probably shouldn't have been reading Big Footy on the iPad while driving)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Power has made it clear that his personal interest is in player developemnt - that is what he likes doing. The interview is on the Carlton web site and was posted quite a few months back. The Club needs to invest as much in VFL development as coaching AFL - only when VFL is performing can you expect sustainable AFL success - only when players have a development regime can you expect draft picks to deliver. The reason why Sydney produces good players from low draft picks is exactly that - no magic - just hard thoughtful work into young kids.
Great post - couldn't agree more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back