Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a board that supposedly defends people's right to post there's a fair amount of attacking going on here.
BEEG is entitled to his opinion.
The fact I have reservations about Beams coming back has nothing to do with it either by the way.
For the record, the interview and TD's post here are allaying my concerns somewhat.
#stillnotsure

Whatever Vegemite eater.......backtracking quicker than Michael Jackson I see :p

By the way what’s a Greek Basterd? :drunk: Get off the Raki Dude.
Thats to get around the swear filter.
inglourious-basterds.jpg

From Nicks from a Person who is Close to Beams Family:

Dave thanks for sharing. Aren’t you tired yet? You have had a big day mate.

Even if that basterd ottoman doesn't aprreciate it I love your work mate.

Off to bed people.......well done Pies.

Do us proud Jordan Roughead and Dayne Beams.........you’re wearing a Pies jumper now......do it proud.

So would you rather he said his heart is with Brisbane and leaving Collingwood meant nothing? Your interpretation of him saying his heart has always been with Collingwood, the club he developed at and won a flag with as a percieved slight against Brisbane is ridiculous. Reminds me of the growing number of weak butterfly SJW inhabiting todays society that find reasons to get offended by anything and everything.

So? I never said all Brisbane supporters were saying this. Of course a lot of them are bitter, that's how it works when your teams good players leave the club. The fact is, there is no reason for any Brisbane supporters to talk a number of times about how influential he was in moving the Brisbane culture in a positive direction after he's left the club if there's no truth to it.

I took issue with something Dayne said, you took issue with my post...Does this mean we're all turning into outraged butterflies?

Another way of looking at this.If you add Dunne,a fit Moore and Elliott,and Beams as well,to the side that just lost the grand final,it’s a pretty damn exciting team.One that’s more than capable of winning a flag in the next year or two.

Dave thanks for sharing. Aren’t you tired yet? You have had a big day mate.

Even if that basterd ottoman doesn't aprreciate it I love your work mate.

Off to bed people.......well done Pies.

Do us proud Jordan Roughead and Dayne Beams.........you’re wearing a Pies jumper now......do it proud.

Yeah I am tired but wanted to get the Reaction of After the Trade Period.

Yeah. I am heading off to bed Very Shortly

That they weren’t great mates at the time Beams left last time.

But hey, maybe enough time has passed and they can bury the hatchet.

Lots of clubs (probably all of them) have teammates that aren’t “great mates”.

Again, “bury the hatchet” is indicative that there’s a specific issue here. What is it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dayne is clearly a guy who values his family.

Family trumps everything.

I would never choose what is best for my footy/footy club over what is best for my own family.

He loves Collingwood. So what? I don’t understand the angst over those comments. You would be naive to suggest most players don’t love their first club, in some way or another. They single handedly gave you the opportunity of a life time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the bullshit has started already. Nice way to treat the Brisbane fans.

Oh wait, something similar happened four years ago.

Hope the club knows what it’s doing with this.

Should not have done any media except a photo in a month or so. Stupid from Collingwood imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should not have done any media except a photo in a month or so. Stupid from Collingwood imo.

Collingwood just wanted people to know why he left.

Guess did not work as they Wanted

Are you normal?

I think it’s more cringeworthy than anything. If your employer treats you well then you probably would refrain from publicly decrying them (even by implication) after you have just left them.

Not to be confused with him leaving and now returning both of which I understand.

Another way of looking at this.If you add Dunne,a fit Moore and Elliott,and Beams as well,to the side that just lost the grand final,it’s a pretty damn exciting team.One that’s more than capable of winning a flag in the next year or two.
Wells? I know hypothetically but if he would be fit, you wouldn't leave him out.

Like a few others here I’m cautiously happy to have him back but unsure about whether we’ll get value for what we paid. He’s been a bit all over the place in what he’s said about both clubs but I take it as a good sign that he’s been consistent about how the loss of his father has impacted him. That says to me that he’s doing his very best to get his mental health right, and will give 100% towards being a solid contributor on and off the field. Welcome home Dayne

Regardless of the deals done then and now, watching Beams' interview with Barrett was bloody difficult. He managed to spend a good deal of his time with his ill father while in Brisbane and he seems genuinely grateful for that. That time was precious.

On coming back to Melbourne, he spoke of his dad's family being here and from personal experience, I understand the need to get closer to the departed parent's immediate family, spend more time with them etc. Hard to explain exactly what it is without writing a thesis.

Anyway, although I have been somewhat against him coming back, I'm glad that he gets to come back, be in familiar surrounds in his sport and among family and friends.

Doubt it.
Worries me in all honesty.
It was a bit of a Brisbane love in at their b & f

He was just saying what the Lions wanted to hear and trying to do the right thing by them.

Clearly he wanted to be a pie but probably thought it'd be too hard to get done.

Gotta be bloody stoked to have Beams back, he is a genuine A grade midfielder.

Our 3 female posters ITT are unanimously negative about this call. Coincidence, or is it due the sexual assault allegation maybe?
I won’t speak for anyone else, but my opinion isn’t based on that at all.

I have no problem with him leaving to be with his Dad. I do hold a grudge at how he treated us on his way out. We gave him what he wanted and he handled the move poorly imo. I have a long memory and won’t forget that quickly.

Can’t be bothered venturing over to the Lions board but how are they feeling about the Beams trade?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Almost all of us are extremely happy. To get Neale while keeping first round picks in 2018/2019 is a great effort by Noble. Of course a lot of us are sad to lose Beams on a personal level as he is much loved by most of the fans and players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back