Player Watch Lachy Keeffe (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ever thought maybe it was lucky he got caught. Could be dead today if he was still doing drugs. (Might still be doing them.) not sure.
Like I said he aint Yarran or Cousins, the guy accepted things like a champ, unfortunately that description doesn't extend to his playing career

Yeah it was, we kept him on the list for two years when he couldn't play due to failing a drug test and when he can come back he was useless. He should of been forced to earn a second chance at Collingwood not be gifted one
Really
He was forced to earn his second chance as you put it
But the game has passed him
Simply put we now know
Before we didn't
And by the way been to a few vfl games and he has and needed to be given the chance
That's what we do

Really
Simply put we now know
Before we didn't
And by the way been to a few vfl games and he has and needed to be given the chance
That's what we do
How did he earn his second chance?
Please explain.
Because all I saw for that second chance was a failed drug test, then a rookie listing.
Where was the sweat and tears that “earned” the second chance?

Please explain.
Because all I saw for that second chance was a failed drug test, then a rookie listing.
He earned his second chance by being a better proposition than the best available player in the rookie draft at his selection.

Not that difficult mate.

Please explain.
He was potentially given a second chance because he agreed not to spill the beans on the other players who were indulging at the St Kilda fest.

Really
Simply put we now know
Before we didn't
That's what we do
No he wasn't, he was given a spot. As soon as you fail a WADA test you should be gone. We held him on the list for two years when he was banned

No he wasn't, he was given a spot. As soon as you fail a WADA test you should be gone. We held him on the list for two years when he was banned
Funny that we had to pick them up in the rookie draft after the ban.
Shows that we did delist them for a little while.

Funny that we had to pick them up in the rookie draft after the ban.
Shows that we did delist them for a little while.

And to be fair we only held them on the list for one year. In the first year of their ban we couldn’t have replaced them even if we wanted to so delisting at that point in time wouldnt have made any difference to our development or recruiting plans.

It was only the second year that we made the conscious decision to rookie list them knowing full well they were banned.

Thomas has proven enough to make it worthwhile, even with Keeffe failing to make a successful comeback. A 50/50 strike rate on the rookie list is better than the average hit/ miss rate.

Last edited:
Is he a chance to to be rookie listed?

And to be fair we only held them on the list for one year. In the first year of their ban we couldn’t have replaced them even if we wanted to so delisting at that point in time wouldnt have made any difference to our development or recruiting plans.

It was only the second year that we made the conscious decision to rookie list them knowing full well they were banned.

Thomas has proven enough to make it worthwhile, even with Keeffe failing to make a successful comeback. A 50/50 strike rate on the rookie list is better than the average hit/ miss rate.

Exactly, and no amount of sooking or moral pontificating about it will actually change the course of history. For those that don't like it, build a bridge and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was potentially given a second chance because he agreed not to spill the beans on the other players who were indulging at the St Kilda fest.
He could spill all of Heinz 58 specials, and come back empty handed without proof.
And without positive tests there was no proof.
This “spot given to keep mouth shut” urban myth is only believed by those who also believe “we mistakenly took a performance enhancer” lie.

He could spill all of Heinz 58 specials, and come back empty handed without proof.
And without positive tests there was no proof.
This “spot given to keep mouth shut” urban myth is only believed by those who also believe “we mistakenly took a performance enhancer” lie.
That last bit.
Can you say it one more time.
Just for the record.
You know, for emphasis.
Just not sure you've said it enough.
Maybe say it again from your position of pontification.
Just for us to hear it again.

That last bit.
Can you say it one more time.
Just for the record.
You know, for emphasis.
Just not sure you've said it enough.
Maybe say it again from your position of pontification.
Just for us to hear it again.
He will....

Sorry to intrude. Just wondering if you guys would be interested in Sam Collins?
Would strengthen your defence, allow Reid to go fwd and youd get him for free.
You could do much worse imo. Much better player and prospect than Lachie Keefe imo.

Sorry to intrude. Just wondering if you guys would be interested in Sam Collins?
Would strengthen your defence, allow Reid to go fwd and youd get him for free.
You could do much worse imo. Much better player and prospect than Lachie Keefe imo.
For free you say, not sure we can afford that after Gubby

I would imagine so.

If we felt any other club would be tempted to pull the trigger we'd be wanting to make sure we got in first on what we know is a talent. Mids are a dime a dozen so we went with our preferred option in Josh Smith and then rolled the dice on Thomas.

I can't imagine that that rookie draft went anything other than perfectly to plan for Pies recruiting staff. Very sensible drafting and exactly how I would've played it.
I always would’ve picked Thomas first ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back