News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

I rated Lycett as the best backup or "secondary" ruck in the league. Nic Nat although injured would have been WCE's number 1 ruck.
yeah thats what most people would rate him as, something that i dont think sat well with Scott. He is a great player, and we are sorry to lose him. Lots of spirit in the lad.

savage

6ec3616efa7cad770ab68eeafd243df7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Adelaide ruckman Scott Lycett has revealed a series of messages he received after his ugly sling tackle on Adelaide’s Ned McHenry.

Lycett lifted and dumped McHenry, knocking the young Crow out early in the Showdown clash on Saturday night.

But Lycett took to Instagram to call out trolls as he shared disgusting messages he received after the tackle.

One message told Lycett to “literally kill yourself you low life” and “jump off the nearest bridge”.

A second wrote: “Pick on mchenry like ur tuff … pick on tex u ugly mother f**ker. Ur moustache looks like a f**ken slug. U ugly west coast reject (sic).”

Reckon this is 2?

3 worst case, 1 best case?
Careless, Severe impact, head High contact is minimum 3 and goes straight to the tribunal to see if Gleeson QC for the AFL wants to make it 4 or more.

If somehow it is assessed High impact it will be 2 games and no Tribunal, but I can't see how a player subbed off with concussion will only result in a High impact ruling.

It will be a rough conduct charge. From the 2021 tribunal guideline document page 10.

3. Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackles)
The application of a tackle may be considered Rough Conduct which is
unreasonable in the circumstances. In determining whether the application
of a tackle constitutes a Reportable Offence and whether the offence is
Careless or Intentional, without limitation, regard may be had to the
following factors, whether:

» The tackle consists of more than one action, regardless of whether
the Player being tackled is in possession of the ball;
» The tackle is of an inherently dangerous kind, such as a spear tackle
or a tackle where a Player is lifted off the ground;
» The Player being tackled is in a vulnerable position (e.g. arm(s) pinned)
with little opportunity to protect himself;
» An opponent is slung, driven or rotated into the ground with excessive force

These were the tackling rough conduct charges that got a high or severe impact ruling the last 3 seasons.

Example 48 - Taylor Walker on Josh Kelly (Round 21, 2018)
Careless Conduct, High Impact, High Contact
Example 49 - Will Setterfield on Wil Powell (Round 4, 2019)
Example 50 - Alex Neal-Bullen on William Hamill (Round 10, 2020)
Careless Conduct, Severe Impact, High Contact

This Zak Butters bump last year where he bumped Simpkin on the chin, he went down, staggered then doc came out and he jogged off the ground but was assessed as concussed and didn't play for rest of the game was ruled as High impact bump by Zak.

Example 34 - Zak Butters on Jy Simpkin (Round 16, 2020)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon this is 2?

3 worst case, 1 best case?

im thinking just cause it’s been referred he is going to get 3 minimum. No doubt the crows medical report will make sure if it.. they interviewed Seedsman on double a after the game Said mcspud was buzz8ng around being a pest as normal, then said he quickly qualified and said well not as normal he was a bit more reserved..

every tackle in the first quarter we laid left them dazed or stunned on the ground, like they had never been tackled before.

number 17 is a sleeper.. tackle him to the ground and he is almost out every time

I thought 2wks it's not his fault McNuggets is smaller don't have to go easier because the opponent is small.

Ladhams got his chance once, Hayes deserves his next.
Hayes deserves a spot but If Stefan Martin comes back in for doggies, I think we have to play Ladhams. If Jordan Sweet plays like he did today and even if Tim English comes back in, then I'd play Hayes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back