News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope his best form is yet to come too, now that he has passed 26.
Now he's a premiership ruckman, and proven in big games and pressure situations we should get the best of him going forward. I'm expecting a fair bit from him. Not All-Australian level obviously but a bit with what he brings to the side.

He is a man mountain. First time today seeing him in person no wonder Gawn and Grundy couldn't get hold of him in the finals last year. Be hard work rucking against Lycett. About time we had a brute ruckman.

When you consider the new ruck rule of being able to grab the ball and not automatically be pinged for holding the ball, suddenly you really want at least one brute ruck who will wear the Gawn and Grundy types down.

When you consider the new ruck rule of being able to grab the ball and not automatically be pinged for holding the ball, suddenly you really want at least one brute ruck who will wear the Gawn and Grundy types down.
Good point. We have the perfect combination in theory or on paper, now for them to put it together on the park.

Had a good chuckle when the commentators at the beginning of the game were talking up Gawn and how he would carve our team up.

They must have forgotten what happened in the finals last year.
They seemed to remember at half time. :)

Dean Brogan on Scotty Lycett

PORT ADELAIDE ruck coach Dean Brogan says he has been very pleased by the impact new recruit Scott Lycett has had since joining the club in last year’s trade period.

Brogan says he watched him play in last year’s finals series but admitted to not knowing much about the former Eagle prior to that.

“I’ve been really surprised at how much of a good runner he is and what a player he is,” Brogan said on SEN SA Breakfast.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-04-29/brogan-oldschool-bash-and-crash-ruckman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you must be so pleased that coaches in your club know all about opposition players...

Brogan has been ruck coach at Port since end of October 2018. Lycett has never been an opposition player to Brogan.

Brogan has been ruck coach at Port since end of October 2018. Lycett has never been an opposition player to Brogan.

He was a GwS coach in 14-16 wasn’t he? In this guys defence you’d think he’d have some knowledge but im
Meh to it

He was a GwS coach in 14-16 wasn’t he? In this guys defence you’d think he’d have some knowledge but im
Meh to it

Lycett spent a fair bit of time out injured over that period IIRC.

Meh to it

Was he in a role that required him to be across every ruckman on every list in the AFL?

And do you think Lycett might have developed as a player since 2016?

It was a churlish and uninformed comment from an opposition supporter on the Port Board and it does you no credit to support him.

Was he in a role that required him to be across every ruckman on every list in the AFL?

And do you think Lycett might have developed as a player since 2016?

It was a churlish and uninformed comment from an opposition supporter on the Port Board and it does you no credit to support him.

Well I would suggest if I employed a Ruck coach I’d expect him to watch and know all Ruckman in the league. That way nothing slips through the cracks.

But yes I agree I don’t need to be supporting oppo trouble makers there’s enough of them as it is.

you must be so pleased that coaches in your club know all about opposition players...
Brogan was busy being an SANFL boundary rider for Channel 7 last year. He's probably had a hand in making Peter Ladhams go to another level because he watched him play last year before coaching him.

Brogan was busy being an SANFL boundary rider for Channel 7 last year. He's probably had a hand in making Peter Ladhams go to another level because he watched him play last year before coaching him.

It’s good to see the progression, if I recall some were saying delistable. Lycett too seems to have gone up a Notch, Scotty just looks like a traditional Port Ruck to me. Big, likes to throw out the hits, intimidating.

It’s good to see the progression, if I recall some were saying delistable. Lycett too seems to have gone up a Notch, Scotty just looks like a traditional Port Ruck to me. Big, likes to throw out the hits, intimidating.
Yep I said Ladhams wasn't even SANFL standard last year. Now I'd just about have him as 1 of the 4 AFL emergencies.

Well I would suggest if I employed a Ruck coach I’d expect him to watch and know all Ruckman in the league. That way nothing slips through the cracks.

But yes I agree I don’t need to be supporting oppo trouble makers there’s enough of them as it is.
Hold on, i wasnt trying to stir the pot, sorry it came across like that. I would have thought that if someone like Brogan who played AFL footy and is involved as a ruck coach would know about all ruck men in the league. I had no idea Brogan only started with Port this year, nor does the article say that.
I genuinely though everyone involved in footy knew Lycett was elite.

Hold on, i wasnt trying to stir the pot, sorry it came across like that. I would have thought that if someone like Brogan who played AFL footy and is involved as a ruck coach would know about all ruck men in the league. I had no idea Brogan only started with Port this year, nor does the article say that.
I genuinely though everyone involved in footy knew Lycett was elite.
I rated Lycett as the best backup or "secondary" ruck in the league. Nic Nat although injured would have been WCE's number 1 ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back