Welcome (Back) to the Bulldogs, Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

My knock on Liam when he was at the dogs was it seemed he didn’t have a great tank…. He could always mark well but struggled at the additional efforts…..
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has more of a fast twitch muscle type.

He took a lot longer than most players to build a tank.. but he had that by the time he was at Carlton…. Hopefully he has maintained that fitness playing in the QLD league. Getting to the required level of fitness should be priority #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My knock on Liam when he was at the dogs was it seemed he didn’t have a great tank…. He could always mark well but struggled at the additional efforts…..
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has more of a fast twitch muscle type.

He took a lot longer than most players to build a tank.. but he had that by the time he was at Carlton…. Hopefully he has maintained that fitness playing in the QLD league. Getting to the required level of fitness should be priority #1.

It sounds like Liam was super professional with maintaining his fitness this season and was working super hard.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 4.38.29 pm.png
Jonsey Did an Interview, Up on the Dogs site.
By the looks of that photo he's already been given a number and it hasn't been revealed to us yet. Considering thats the back of the Guernsey and i'm not sure why he would hold it to the back if there wasn't a number there. Guess we will wait and see.

Step backwards for us. Not interested.

Jones was a less than average player when he left and still is as far as I'm concerned.
grinch1.jpg

if you compare this interview and how amazing he comes across to his old LJizz days on our crap socials in the early 2010s it’s like he’s a different person. Life is incredible in how people can evolve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you compare this interview and how amazing he comes across to his old LJizz days on our crap socials in the early 2010s it’s like he’s a different person. Life is incredible in how people can evolve

Agree with the last sentence, but think you're underselling him a bit. He embraced social media when he first arrived and put himself out there doing interviews with team-mates when very few others, including team leaders at the time, were reluctant to get involved.

I suspect his heart never really left the 'dogs. At the final at the 'G in 2015 Vs Adelaide I sat several seats in front of Jones who was sitting with the non playing 'dogs and was vocal in his support during the game, even though he was at the time a Carlton listed player. I may simply be reading far too much into it, but he certainly didn't seem to have any animosity towards the club, or he simply could just have been supporting his mates.

I suspect his heart never really left the 'dogs. At the final at the 'G in 2015 Vs Adelaide I sat several seats in front of Jones who was sitting with the non playing 'dogs and was vocal in his support during the game, even though he was at the time a Carlton listed player. I may simply be reading far too much into it, but he certainly didn't seem to have any animosity towards the club, or he simply could just have been supporting his mates.
Understand it was very much an issue with the then-coach that caused his departure, which is ironic given he never coached another game.

Particularly impressive as Jones was always one of the Doggy supporters whipping boys. Used to cop heaps of s**t from "supporters"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back