Welcome Bendigo Bank: But wont replace Westpac centre name

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BitCoin has done horribly lately.

But, the Bendigo Bank Centre doesn't quite have the same ring as the Westpac Centre.

I bank with them since moving over here, and as a "former" customer of Westpac I can tell you they crap all over Westpac in all areas, especially SERVICE!

So Westpac are heading in new directions. I wonder which bright eyed wiz kid thought of this. Was there some drop in earnings looming that they had to make such a major change to stem their declining flow of profits.

Poor bastards!

This is like the bloody powerade sponsorship. It may be $$$ but it's hardly a good fit with our brand, is it? One had us sporting our chief local rival's colours, the other's identity is synonymous with the home state of three quarters of our other rivals. Is there no large SA corporation that wants association with the 'Pride of South Australia'? Or better still, a national corporation? Do we just take whoever comes along?

This is like the bloody powerade sponsorship. It may be $$$ but it's hardly a good fit with our brand, is it? One had us sporting our chief local rival's colours, the other's identity is synonymous with the home state of three quarters of our other rivals. Is there no large SA corporation that wants association with the 'Pride of South Australia'? Or better still, a national corporation? Do we just take whoever comes along?

You do realise Bendigo Bank merged with Adelaide Bank in 2007??

As long as it's not the legal name on there - which is something like Adelaide Bank a Division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Pty Ltd - don't think they'd be enough room on the facility to put that name up :D

Imagine that - Adelaide Bank a Division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Pty Ltd Centre :D

This is like the bloody powerade sponsorship. It may be $$$ but it's hardly a good fit with our brand, is it? One had us sporting our chief local rival's colours, the other's identity is synonymous with the home state of three quarters of our other rivals. Is there no large SA corporation that wants association with the 'Pride of South Australia'?
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (yes that is the banks official name, Bendigo Bank is the retail division) is the largest corporate employer in the state.

Do we just take whoever comes along?
Have a good look at the board members from both entities and you will see the connection...

Last edited:
I bank with them since moving over here, and as a "former" customer of Westpac I can tell you they crap all over Westpac in all areas, especially SERVICE!

I dumped Bank SA not long after Westpac took them over. They went to s**t pretty quickly after that - the last straw was one of their tellers lying through their teeth about fees and charges.

Adelaide Bank Centre (or ABC) sounds alright.

I dumped Bank SA not long after Westpac took them over. They went to s**t pretty quickly after that - the last straw was one of their tellers lying through their teeth about fees and charges.

Adelaide Bank Centre (or ABC) sounds alright.

Good idea. perhaps we can get additional income by using it as a childcare centre during the week.

Can confirm it is with Bendigo Bank
3 year deal - not sure if it will involve naming the Center or not.

Based on the fact the bank is doubling down on the Bendigo Bank branding (take the new Grenfell St building for instance), I can see it being that not bendigo and adelaide.
not a bad transition really.

will be interesting if we get more of the Adelaide or the Bendigo.

Bit of positivity surely? This is a good thing isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back