Welcome Bendigo Bank: But wont replace Westpac centre name

Remove this Banner Ad

One sponsor leaves, and another comes. Atleast the "club for all South Australians" have no trouble finding new sponsors. :p

and another one as Bendigo Bank isn't the Crows training facility new sponsor.

One sponsor leaves, and another comes. Atleast the "club for all South Australians" have no trouble finding new sponsors. :p

Sounds like that other mob down the road - see they've had another major sponsor change this season (Energy Australia replacing VIP) - how many major sponsors is that since Scotts/Vodafone:

- Bianco
- Aussie ATM (and their offshoots when they couldn't find anyone else)
- Soaring Securities
- Foodbank
- VIP
- Renault
- Energy Australia

That's true - I guess Westpac realised wiping local brands like Bank of Melbourne wasn't a good idea and have started reinstating them. Hopefully Bendigo will do the same with Adelaide Bank one day.

The Adelaide Bank brand still exists, however it is for 3rd party business, such as mortgage brokers. I believe they only had 5 or so branches anyway. The brand recognition for Bendigo Bank in SA was/is higher.

It is awesome working for a company that sponsors your club. Now if only I got clubroom access.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Sounds like that other mob down the road - see they've had another major sponsor change this season (Energy Australia replacing VIP) - how many major sponsors is that since Scotts/Vodafone:

- Bianco
- Aussie ATM (and their offshoots when they couldn't find anyone else)
- Soaring Securities
- Foodbank
- VIP
- Renault
- Energy Australia

Minor thing but what I like about our sponsors is they've never really had us put their logos on like giant tacky bumper stickers. Could easily have been a large maroon banner with white writing.

If the 2nds can get this level of sponsorship it bodes well for the club as a whole. The SANFL side can generate revenue to further the club rather than bring a "drain" on funds.

Generating sponsorship income in its own right is a major bonus.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Adelaide Bank is the institutional brand, Bendigo the retail side.

The question is do I reward their sponsor monies by opening up an account?

What deal can they do?

A deduction of .75 unit points off the my mortgage would be nice.

Dont most banks do that?

Yeah but only if you ask. I want more, that extra on top of that extra as well.

So go from 5.1 down to about 4.1 would be nice over a fixed term for 3 years.

My concern is when Toyota leave the Australian car making market... will their sponsor $$$'s go with them?

Nope as we are not sponsored by Toyota. We are sponsored by the Toyota dealerships within South Australia and they are still going to sell cars in this state.

Now, I don't know if their marketing will change strategic direction but we shouldn't lose them as a commercial partner.

The AFL might lose it.

My concern is when Toyota leave the Australian car making market... will their sponsor $$$'s go with them?
Why?

They will still sell cars here in Australia.

They still need to advertise and Renault, Kia, Fiat, VW all sponsor AFL clubs and are made offshore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... a bit like how Brisbane 'merged' with Fitzroy? Or was it a takeover?

Correct, it was a takeover.

It was and still is said that it was a merger, however the reality is that is was a takeover.
The "merger" would see the Bendigo CEO, Rob Hunt, become the CEO of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank group. There were rumours that a gentleman's agreement was in place that would see Jamie McPhee, the CEO of Adelaide Bank, take over from Rob Hunt when he retired a few years after the "merger".
Rumours were that the Bendigo Board were never going to let this happen. Jamie McPhee departed not long after Mike Hirst was appointed as the new CEO of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group after Rob Hunts retirement. Mike was from the Bendigo Retail side but more importantly a person with the Bendigo culture.

Adelaide Bank Ltd was formed from the "merger" of the Co-op Building Society and the Hindmarsh Adelaide Building Society.

Brands under the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank include;

Bendigo Bank which is the Retail arm. The Retail side includes Bendigo Bank branches, Community Bank Branches, Agencies and other alliances such as Community Sector Banking.

Adelaide Bank - This is a 3rd Party Lending business made up of Mortgage Brokers and Mortgage originators. All of the old Adelaide Bank Branches were re-branded as Bendigo Bank, Bendigo's Retail arm.

Bendigo Wealth - this is made up of Leveradged Equities (a Margin Lending Business that the Adelaide Bank bought), Sandhurts Trustees and Bendigo Financial Planning

Other brands include Rural Bank and Delphi Bank (formerly Bank of Cyprus) Bendigo Bank Telco, Bendigo Community Telco and Community Telco Australia.

The Crows sponsorship is linked to the current campaign "Bigger than a Bank" with the aim of raising the profile of the Bendigo Bank brand in South Australia.

Last edited:
Rucci is a dead set idiot - he said this article today that the Westpac Center would be re-branded as Bendigo Bank. Trigg just said the direct opposite in the press copnfrence clip that was posted in the SANFL thread that they have other irons in the fire for that and it should be settled within a week.
Just proves that nobody at the Crows gives Rooch more than a crumb to work with. Such a flog...Rooch I mean.:D

Nope as we are not sponsored by Toyota. We are sponsored by the Toyota dealerships within South Australia

No mate...the Crows are sponsored by Toyota Australia. Which is a direct subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan. The dealers are just along for the ride.

Your second point allaying Jenny's fears is correct, though. There are only two Toyota models manufactured in Australia - the Camry and the Aurion. The majority of cars sold at Toyota dealerships have always been imports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back