Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame that he hasn't had the start he would like to, he looked amazing in pre-season but he's gotta earn his spot now. He's gone a fair way back in the line.

I'm just hoping that being dropped just makes him hungrier and he can put pressure on the guys getting a game ahead of him, its healthy to have competition for spots and he needs to fight his way back in to the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From day 1 the club has said he will play wing to give him the opportunity at 1 position, which he never had at the Saints. Henderson from the Hawks has been a revelation on the wing over the last couple of years & would be similar stature.

Acres on the wing was him filling the space on the fat side setting up the rest of the defensive group if we won the ball for a fast switch, quite unrewarding role football.

The only way I can see a more running role in the game would be if a new rule came in that if the designated player on your team touches the ball you lose a goal, that guy then spend the whole game running away from the ball.

That's what Acres looked to be doing, but someone has to fill the holes.

Yeah, he had a putrid game. But it was his third game back after not 1 soft tissue injury but 2. He's in a new team and he has a new role, he hasn't had the chance to settle in yet. I'm in no way saying he doesn't deserve criticism for the geelong game, but give the whipping a break yeah?

Look at it this way, that one performance was probably better than anything Billy has put out this year. There's a very handy player in there.

This is probably what Saints fans have said to themselves for years but I'm on that hope train anyway

Last edited:
Look at it this way, the one performance was probably better than anything Billy has put out this year. There's a very handy player in there.

This is probably what Saints fans have said to themselves for years but I'm that hope train anyway
Probably better than anything Bewley has put out also

He did play well, but more importantly he stood under that high ball (cant remember what quarter it was in but remember noticing it). He definately played a much tougher game tonight. He does seem to s**t the bed a little if he gets it with nowhere to go though - really relies on having a handball option when he's under pressure (you could argue that in his favour he's actively trying not to turn the ball over with hack kicks but he doesn't have that composure under pressure of a Cerra/Mundy type).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back